Wealthy UPS managers

purplesky

Hey I have always heard that most UPS managers and SUPS are worth millions in UPS stock. These are the folks that have been getting the MIP thing for 20 years or so. Just wondering how much a UPS full time sup is worth these days. In my BLDG rumor has it that some of these guys and gals are worth 5 million or more. I cant understand why they are so down if they truly have that kind of cash. So what if you get fired? With that kind of money do you really need to even work anymore?

Hey I have always heard that most UPS managers and SUPS are worth millions in UPS stock. These are the folks that have been getting the MIP thing for 20 years or so. Just wondering how much a UPS full time sup is worth these days. In my BLDG rumor has it that some of these guys and gals are worth 5 million or more. I cant understand why they are so down if they truly have that kind of cash. So what if you get fired? With that kind of money do you really need to even work anymore?

You answered you`re question with the word "rumor". Anyone can be wealthy if you do the right things. Don`t and your not. Sup or otherwise.

bumped

Most if not all of the upper, upper management and the trickle down to the sups that were worth big money retired/left 6-7 years ago. Now, for the most part we are left with management that have to pick up the pieces after those that let to company go public(sold the next generation out) are living very well off.

brownrodster

You answered you`re question with the word "rumor". Anyone can be wealthy if you do the right things. Don`t and your not. Sup or otherwise.

With the kind of money a UPS driver makes would not be hard to be worth millions after 30 years of employment. Purchase assets instead of liabilities. Be smart with your money.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not the one's that are still working.

Many UPS management were heavily leveraged and did not sell stock to pay off their hypos prior to the 2008 crash. The banks sold their stock from underneath them to cover the margin calls and now they owe tax on the sale of the margin called stocks. Many of the paper millionaires of 2 and 3 years ago have lost 2/3's of their wealth.

Incidentally, 5 million is the magic number regardless of your age that a person can quit working.

True ... probably more drivers worth a million or more than management people.

40 and out

Used to be managers that retired after 30 years or more left with between 5 and 10 million in UPS stock. Those days are gone never to be seen again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Used to be managers that retired after 30 years or more left with between 5 and 10 million in UPS stock. Those days are gone never to be seen again.

Even Disrict manager levels are struggling to retire with $5 M in net worth. Almost none are if they held on to their UPS Stock.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
With the kind of money a UPS driver makes would not be hard to be worth millions after 30 years of employment. Purchase assets instead of liabilities. Be smart with your money.

Is this the first time on this board? With all the drivers on here trying to sell their vacations back because they have no money...... I would also think that guys would be set but look at my center and several have over 35 years and don't plan on retiring. :peaceful:

randomUPSISer

Many UPS management were heavily leveraged and did not sell stock to pay off their hypos prior to the 2008 crash. The banks sold their stock from underneath them to cover the margin calls and now they owe tax on the sale of the margin called stocks. Many of the paper millionaires of 2 and 3 years ago have lost 2/3's of their wealth.

You know of managers still hypo'ing in 2008 with UPS public stock?? Wow, talk about some risk tolerance :surprised: