Wealthy UPS managers

D

Dis-organized Labor

It's true. The days of telescoping and becoming well off are long gone.
I know a few Sups in the airline that are in the 1M+ group, but not many. Same with managers and DM's.

tieguy

Banned
Hey I have always heard that most UPS managers and SUPS are worth millions in UPS stock. These are the folks that have been getting the MIP thing for 20 years or so. Just wondering how much a UPS full time sup is worth these days. In my BLDG rumor has it that some of these guys and gals are worth 5 million or more. I cant understand why they are so down if they truly have that kind of cash. So what if you get fired? With that kind of money do you really need to even work anymore?

divison manager and up maybe. The stock going public and back tracking has dashed the dreams of a lot of those who could have been millionaires if the stock stayed private.

D

Dis-organized Labor

divison manager and up maybe. The stock going public and back tracking has dashed the dreams of a lot of those who could have been millionaires if the stock stayed private.

Uh, no!

Maybe Disrict Managers and up.

brownrodster

Sounds good but kids like to eat and spouses love to shop and ...

That is why I have no kids or spouse. I hope to be able to retire on paper before I'm 40. And by that I mean having income from my investments that is greater than my living expenses (I live for about 1000$ a month). Those investments primarily being rental properties and long term bonds. I do buy stocks but am not figuring them into my retirement at the moment.

satellitedriver

In my post I asked about UPS management. I didnt ask about anyone.
Memo;
From; Satellitedriver
To; All concerned

Cheryl,
Brown Cafe needs a UPS management 'Only' Forum.
We need to keep all special interest questions in nice neat little boxes, so as not to confuse the question asked.
If we do not, any "rabble rouser" might express their unneeded opinion on important topics.
We must follow present management theory in the proposed Forum.
The theory being,
We plan and demand, but you better fix the problems that we did not plan. Your job depends on it.
All Forums should be held to these high standards and we may stifle the rabble from morphing threads into actual debate and exchange of ideas.

satellitedriver

That is why I have no kids or spouse.Money without love in my life would be stark poverty. I hope to be able to retire on paper before I'm 40. And by that I mean having income from my investments that is greater than my living expenses (I live for about 1000$ a month). Those investments primarily being rental properties and long term bonds. I do buy stocks but am not figuring them into my retirement at the moment.
And when you are retired you will be middle aged and alone.
Ask any older person which is more important in their life.
Family or money?
I know the answer and you will learn it.

That is why I have no kids or spouse. I hope to be able to retire on paper before I'm 40. And by that I mean having income from my investments that is greater than my living expenses (I live for about 1000$ a month). Those investments primarily being rental properties and long term bonds. I do buy stocks but am not figuring them into my retirement at the moment.

Well at least maybe your accountant will show up for your funeral.

rod

Retired 22 years
Incidentally, 5 million is the magic number regardless of your age that a person can quit working.

QUOTE]

5 million is a nice number but believe me it can be done on much less.The trick is to have everything paid off before you retire. (And keep the wife working as long as possible):wink2:

helenofcalifornia

$5 million??? Are you kidding me?? What, you are supposed to not touch the capital and live off the interest? I wish one day there would be a realistic financial advisor for all of us that live in the real world.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"5 million is a nice number but believe me it can be done on much less.The trick is to have everything paid off before you retire."

Hard to do when people move around with the company. People who stay in one place all of their UpS lives usually have a home paid off and they are in good shape. Those that moved all over during their career got a house with each move and a new 30 yr. mortgage every 5 or 6 years their entire UPS life.

rod

Retired 22 years
"5 million is a nice number but believe me it can be done on much less.The trick is to have everything paid off before you retire."

Hard to do when people move around with the company. People who stay in one place all of their UpS lives usually have a home paid off and they are in good shape. Those that moved all over during their career got a house with each move and a new 30 yr. mortgage every 5 or 6 years their entire UPS life.

But if you were one of the ones that had to move around all the time (management) I would assume you had a butt load of UPS stock to cash in at the end. (something most hourly people didn't (don't) have ). I know all I had was 2,000 shares and I assume that would be a drop in the bucket to what some 30 year center manager or above would have. I also didn't live in 1/2 million dollar homes like most center manager 's that I had did. If anyone thinks it takes 5 million to retire, they have lived a much more extravegant life style that I did.