wearing knee brace or other prescribed medical devise with shorts

larry the dick

My boss told me that I have to wear long pants over my prescribed medical device that my compression stockings are not co. approved socks and can't be worn with shorts

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
If it's a prescribed medical device, you can call the hall on that one and win easily. This is the same as telling a driver he or she can't wear prescription eyeglasses because they aren't brown.

UPSGUY72

My boss told me that I have to wear long pants over my prescribed medical device that my compression stockings are not co. approved socks and can't be worn with shorts

Just keep on wearing your shorts and your brace... If they send you home file if they write you up file... Your boss is a prick you need to stand up and set things straight and not him run rampant...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's not a brace--he is wearing compression socks, which are normally worn by those with poor circulation in their legs. Forward a copy of your prescription to the union and let them handle it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
It's not a brace--he is wearing compression socks, which are normally worn by those with poor circulation in their legs. Forward a copy of your prescription to the union and let them handle it.

While you are correct, he did start his post off using the words "wearing knee brace"

We have a driver who they tried to tell the same thing that he would have to wear pants if he chose to wear his knee brace. It was mainly the DM giving him crap about it saying it was not company issue. center manager told him to just put it on at the first stop and carry on with his day so the DM wouldn't see it.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Just had this happen to an aipport shuttle driver who doesn't even see customers. Big boss said no to the knee brace. I told him to dye it brown and stencil a UPS logo on it. LOL. If it is a prescibed device I don't know how they can prevent you from wearing it .Went to the BA for a ruling waiting for a answer now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just had this happen to an aipport shuttle driver who doesn't even see customers. Big boss said no to the knee brace. I told him to dye it brown and stencil a UPS logo on it. LOL. If it is a prescibed device I don't know how they can prevent you from wearing it .Went to the BA for a ruling waiting for a answer now.

You should have asked the big boss if he would prefer to pay for a knee brace now or for a total knee replacement later.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

"I cant fix your time allowance; I cant get your EDD straightened out; I cant get you a suitable package car; I cant solve any of the underlying operational or logistics issues that prevent you from providing service to your customers in the most efficient manner possible....but by Golly I'm going to make damn sure that those customers are not shocked or offended by the sight of a delivery driver wearing a knee brace."

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Why dont you just put an ad in the local newspaper explaining how your boss has absolutely nothing better to do than aggravate people who actually do the work.

"I cant fix your time allowance; I cant get your EDD straightened out; I cant get you a suitable package car; I cant solve any of the underlying operational or logistics issues that prevent you from providing service to your customers in the most efficient manner possible....but by Golly I'm going to make damn sure that those customers are not shocked or offended by the sight of a delivery driver wearing a knee brace."
It's not like the guy is asking to wear a sweet looking gotee with an ankle tat or two. The poor sap has a bad wheel no doubt from driving an iron maiden (p800) he has been married to for the last 18 years.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It's amazing how appearance standards are high in some areas,and low in others.

We have drivers with beards,visible arm and leg tats,knee braces and virtually noone wears the regulation socks with the shorts. With peak vacations starting, all management cares about is putting warm bodies in the trucks

It's amazing how appearance standards are high in some areas,and low in others.

We have drivers with beards,visible arm and leg tats,knee braces and virtually noone wears the regulation socks with the shorts. With peak vacations starting, all management cares about is putting warm bodies in the trucks
Where do you drive out of Tikrit Iraq.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
No visible tats or non regulation socks here, but we do have a couple guys who wear a knee brace with shorts and nothing is said about it.