Weathah!

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by over9five, Dec 14, 2012.

1. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Three storms (tho all small) expected to hit the Northeast next week.
    Not a good thing for Peak Week!!!!

2. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Not all small...infact the final storm late next week will likely be quite powerful (but mostly ice / rain)

3. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Easily Amused

God I hope your wrong. When I watched weather this morning, JC gave a total of 6-10 inches or so for all 3 storms. Ice just sucks

4. cachsux

cachsux Wah

We got the lightest of dustings so far and that's it. We've gotten into the 50s during the day some days. Weatherwise this has been a perfect peak.

Other things.................not so much.

5. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

i hope we get it all and then some.

6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Looking mostly like rain in the beginning of the week here in central PA. I can deal with that. As long as I can keep wearing my shorts. :bigthumb:

7. over9five

White gold!

8. Sleeve_meet_Heart

endless kegs of blue moon?

9. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

I just looked at the 7 day forecast for NY/NJ area. Only some on and off rain for sunday, monday, and tuesday. Highs in the mid to upper forties. No snow here for a while.

10. over9five

Yuck. Rain, snow or ice forcasted for every day this week. I smell lots of delays, meetpoints, and OVERTIME!

11. Covemastah

Covemastah Suspension Ovah !!! Tom is free FU Goodell !!

We had enough 'white gold ' in winter 10/11 don't want to see that again !! blood money !!! LOL

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It's going to be warm enough where it will either be rain or a very wet snow. Shouldn't be an issue.

13. over9five

Do you think it might go out to sea?

14. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I'm drinking nothing but Great Lakes Chistmas ale right now and it's not union made and you can kiss my ass.

15. Sleeve_meet_Heart

32 and freezing rain right now here

16. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

It's been oddly warm this winter down here. High 70's last weekend. My grass actually grew in December, am I seriously supposed to pull out the lawn mower now? Nah: tip from someone living in the hood, the crappier your house looks on the outside the less likely someone is to break in; motion lights and dogs help too. I digress sorry.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

37 and heavy rain this morning.

18. serenity now

serenity now Guest

:rofl:

19. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Thursday is forcasted to be our heaviest delivery day and it appears we will be getting 8 to 12 inches of snow. I run a very rural route and typically put on around 230 miles this time of year. Will have to start warming up the EC option today. Gotta love the people who wait until the last minute to order their stuff!

20. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

There was a little snow and quite a bit of ice on my route yesterday. We cleaned it! Brought back 2 refused and 1 bad address. Not once did my helper fall. I told him that if got hurt, I would leave him where he fell and let the beasts of the night pick him apart. It obviously worked!