Weather

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's 78 degrees and sunny right now (Friday 12:30PM).

The huge storm moving in to places in the Southeast looks pretty big. At least it's Friday and you'll have the weekend to avoid the snowy roads. Hope everything is clear for Monday !

Maybe the storm will be bad enough to close down the senate and Harry's ridiculous call for speed on passage of a bill not even read yet by most. Sit down Harry and calm down.....:knockedout:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Northeast about to get bombed. Forcasting 20+ where I live.People in New Jersey cannot handle that much a one time. But the fire is on the wine is slightley chilled and we have lots of TP.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This storm will miss us to the south. Our next chance for a snow storm here is Christmas Eve night going in to Christmas Day.

Not a bad Peak weatherwise here. One smaller storm (5") and two days of late air due to lake effect snow out by Buffalo.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Right in the middle of the target area here. Just got done spreading ice melt on the walk, shovel is by the door. It hasn't started yet, but they are calling for up to 2 feet between now and Sunday. Considering Monday is supposed to be peak day, it should be a blast :happy2:

tourists24

I am at ground zero... I dont know how many inches of snow so far but its the most since 1993... today was a wild ride at our center..... we have several drivers who may be stuck on the interstate for the night so keep them in your prayers

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I shoveled the walkway this morning, but you'd never know it from the way it looks now. Got about 18 inches so far and it's still picking up steam, at least an inch an hour. Just saw this:
Several hundred motorists stranded on Va. roads

By SARAH KARUSH
Officials in Virginia say the snow storm socking the East Coast has caused several hundred motorists to become stranded in the western part of the state.
Virginia Department of Emergency Management spokesman Bob Spieldenner said Saturday that local and state officials, as well as the National Guard, have helped get about 100 stranded motorists to shelters in two counties. About a foot of snow has fallen in the area.
Spieldenner says many of the motorists became stranded after accidents along Interstate 89 and Route 29 blocked the road. Officials are using four-wheel drive vehicles and the National Guard is using Humvees to help some of the motorists.
Spieldenner says some people have food and fuel and were opting to stay in their car to wait for the roads to clear.
I can't believe anyone was clueless enough to out driving around this morning.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Sitting in the sunroom with the fire going drinking coffee listining to "Blue Christmas" by Elvis on the radio. There is about 12" so far.A lot more to come.
Made sure the snow blower was ok since we did not have to use it last year.I Will try and get the "baby" to clear the driveways and walks.He will complain that he is tired because of finals and all the hours he worked in the sort aisle this week.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I shoveled the walkway this morning, but you'd never know it from the way it looks now. Got about 18 inches so far and it's still picking up steam, at least an inch an hour. Just saw this:
I can't believe anyone was clueless enough to out driving around this morning.

My brother is Dir of Trans for the County of Arlington, Va.They just shut down all the county bus routes.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My brother is Dir of Trans for the County of Arlington, Va.They just shut down all the county bus routes.
Yup, the roads are pretty much shut down right now. I just got done shoveling the same areas for the 3rd time today, just trying to keep on top of it so it won't be as bad tomorrow when we try and get the cars out.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, it's 11 AM. and 76 degrees here. Watching the snowstorm from DC on TV. Don't miss the snow at all !!

My doors are open and getting a breeze. Don't hate me!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
All of these reports make it sound like a good day for homemade soup !!

Good idea! I think I'll make a big pot of chile.Near blizzard conditions here.They are forcasting for the most snow in the Delaware Valley in December since 1909. Had 18" snowfall in 1966 when I still could flop on my "Flexible Flyer" without hurting myself.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
23.2" in Philly and once again we have distinguished ouselves in front of America by throwing snowballs at the San Francisco 49ers yesterday.
They imploded the "Vet" rat hole that it was,but the 700 level still lives.

moreluck

golden ticket member
4 yr.old thread revived !!!

Rained yesterday, but it poured last night. 3:47 a.m. I was awakened by a downpour and of course, our rain-scared dog was needing to go out. Newspapers on the garage floor was the best I could do. Suppose to rain all day.......no major plans anyway!