week four - the final push!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
On another note, waiting to turn into work yesterday morning I had idiots cutting me off to get to the Customer Center. Unbelievable.

ups1990

Very few people who waited until the weekend before to shop will be turning around and sending those presents out as they would have to pay for at least 2nd Day Air to get them there.

I went to the mall yesterday morning to get my hair cut and it wasn't nearly as busy as I thought it would be.
It will happen, I know I would gladly pay the 2nd day air rate in order to avoid the malls this close to Xmas. I expect this service to be very heavy wednsday.

Overpaid Union Thug

So, again, I ask, how does foot traffic in the mall equate to packages in our system?

Common sense would suggest that some people that are out filling the malls this late in the game probably have other items that they procrastinated to buy. For that reason it's feasible to assume that many have probably already got orders in the system that they placed a few days ago and are hitting up the malls either because they couldn't find something online, don't want to risk shipping this late, or decided at the last minute (to late to ship before Xmas) or forgot something. The OP was correct in basing his reasoning on what he saw in the mall.

UPSJedi2112

I blast Rush in my truck.
It will happen, I know I would gladly pay the 2nd day air rate in order to avoid the malls this close to Xmas. I expect this service to be very heavy wednsday.
Had a lady drop a little over 900 bucks to ship a couple pretty good sized pkgs NDA sat to Utah from Chicago area Friday night while picking up my UPS store. Some folks do not care about paying the premium.

You've Got Mail

I had 121 stops on Saturday. The Saturday prior, I only had around 80.

Last week I was getting home at 9:30 every night. I don't see me getting home any earlier this week.

browntroll

i know im gonna come out of work thinking i should have called in sick. heard there was supposed to be a sunday shift but got cancelled
that was supposed to handle 8,000 pieces for preload but manager said to add it to mondays sort.