week four - the final push!

watdaflock?

An hour for one trailer?
I believe our hub was still waiting on two trailers. Heard one trailer was 100% full and also waiting on an Air trailer, which (I believe) is a partial.

I think the full trailer is the one that went to the wrong hub......wonder what will happen to that driver.

watdaflock?

What I heard is that the Louisville hub was/is 75% behind capacity, or loads...along with more than 1million, etc.
I'm sure UPS will blame it on some flurries in Bismark, ND.
X, OTHER, weather
Hopefully UPS next year markets to everyone "buy local and from the smaller family/privately owned businesses and not the mega-super marts/online stores.

*then in small print they mention NOT WAITING UNTIL 3 DAYS BEFORE XMAS TO SHIP.

Last edited:

MeltedSnowman

Peak hasn't been what I thought it would be based on the horror stories I was told during my first week on the job. I suppose that is a good thing. This will probably be my final week with the company. I'll miss the paychecks but it will be nice to see the family again.

oldngray

nowhere special
Amazon is trying to screw shippers again this year. Still promising last minute deliveries. UPS and FedEx should have had firm cut off dates. If they did then Amazon is ignoring them.
Amazon.png

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What I heard was there weren't enough planes in Louisville..at best a FNN rumor, FWIW...:D
All the customers fault.

Peak has been pretty smooth to this point. Only thing that could screw it now is brutal weather (doesn't look like a problem) or customers swamping the system last second.

oldngray

nowhere special
All the customers fault.

Peak has been pretty smooth to this point. Only thing that could screw it now is brutal weather (doesn't look like a problem) or customers swamping the system last second.

Prediction is bad storms this week. Heavy rain and high winds instead of snow.

A band of high winds, thunderstorms and soaking rains from holiday storms are poised to derail travel plans for millions of Americans ready to celebrate Christmas.

"It's going to be a rainmaker, for sure. There's the threat of locally heavy rain and this system could be windy enough to disrupt travel at airports in the East," Roy Lucksinger, lead meteorologist at The Weather Channel, told NBC News.

Aviation forecasters at the National Weather Service are reporting that a “high impact event” has the potential to cause major flight delays in New York City airports on Wednesday, Christmas Eve, due to heavy rain and wind gusts.
http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2014/12/22/christmas-week-storms-poised-to-deliver-travel-headaches/

Brownslave688

Prediction is bad storms this week. Heavy rain and high winds instead of snow.

A band of high winds, thunderstorms and soaking rains from holiday storms are poised to derail travel plans for millions of Americans ready to celebrate Christmas.

"It's going to be a rainmaker, for sure. There's the threat of locally heavy rain and this system could be windy enough to disrupt travel at airports in the East," Roy Lucksinger, lead meteorologist at The Weather Channel, told NBC News.

Aviation forecasters at the National Weather Service are reporting that a “high impact event” has the potential to cause major flight delays in New York City airports on Wednesday, Christmas Eve, due to heavy rain and wind gusts.
http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2014/12/22/christmas-week-storms-poised-to-deliver-travel-headaches/
Yes but for
The most part shouldn't affect drivers on the ground getting stuff delivered.

PrimoKS1

We got an email last night, halfway through "Super Sunday", that Super Sunday was a bust. Not nearly as much volume as expected. They promised Monday and Tuesday we will be getting slammed. "They" promise a lot of things. Loading up expensively rental 747's with empty cans is hardly getting slammed in my opinion. I'm paid the same either way though! Happy peak from Phila Ramp!

Brownslave688

We got an email last night, halfway through "Super Sunday", that Super Sunday was a bust. Not nearly as much volume as expected. They promised Monday and Tuesday we will be getting slammed. "They" promise a lot of things. Loading up expensively rental 747's with empty cans is hardly getting slammed in my opinion. I'm paid the same either way though! Happy peak from Phila Ramp!
They seriously email you all?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
All the customers fault.

Smooth....lol. It took us 11.5 hrs to get through all of the work that went out today. My lightest truck had 435 jammed in an 800.