Week one how did your center or hub do? And why?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Our roads are dry. Stuff dripping off of roofs has been refreezing. Slip/falls to helpers is a way bigger danger than sliding in a PC.
The sidewalks here are actually pretty clean. The plow crews here just suck at cleaning up the roads. We went through a few residential streets yesterday that were like driving over a lake

S

selfcancelsignal

M-W: 12-13.5. Gravy TH & 10ish friend. I don't think our center had the missed pieces I've seen from other centers & hubs on here. Decent weather was key.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Rolled trailers early in the week because the hub couldn't get loads to us during bad weather. But other than that, we've been pretty good thus far. We even were able to jump service on a 53 footer on Thursday.

The bad stuff has been seasonals quitting. We're waiting for 4 more to come back from class so Thursday and Friday I was on road with a preloader doing deliveries.

We rolled a couple earlier in the week but caught up toward the end of the week.

Not a surprise. Cyber Monday set a record in sales. Over $3B. FedEx and USPS had the same problems.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This week coming up should be a bit lighter for deliver but a bit heavier on the pickup side. Our center will (hopefully) start sweeping the major pickups.

8:45 start Monday morning.

Holydriver

Our building ran irregs all week, but couldn't process the volume. The belts could hardly move and people were just pushing the irregs down the belt. The electric carts that shuttle them to the package cars, never had down time to charge. So the irregs continued to pile up all week. We now have probably 2,000 irregs sitting in the back of the building. Our sups asked anyone with hours left if they wanted to work today (Saturday) because they planned 30 routes to deliver Saturday airs and irregs. So all in all, probably can't get much worse in my building. Come Monday we will be sitting on 6 days of irregs.
This sounds horrible.

Holydriver

I got a seasonal loader he is terrible. At least 5 misloads everyday had 10 twice this week. Had a misloaded air that i went ahead and delivered. (shouldve reported as a misload so management lights a fire on his ass.) Packages on the wrong shelf, i just learned to live with it and make easy money running misloads and going back to deliver packages on the wrong shelf. One day this week i had to message center that i was going to pull over to sort the truck after doing 3 stops and skipping at least 5 stops cause i couldnt find my first couple of stops. Hasnt been a single day this week where i didnt find something in the wrong shelf and went back to deliver.
I'm having same problem. I've had at least 4 misrouted a day (all missed) and typically have my shelves loaded with PAL labels only suggesting a general ara to put a box. 5000s in the 5900 section and what not. Told 2 different preload supes but nothing changes

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
This week coming up should be a bit lighter for deliver but a bit heavier on the pickup side. Our center will (hopefully) start sweeping the major pickups.

8:45 start Monday morning.
Diad message yesterday said Monday will be very heavy, but preload starting early, and we can start as early as 7:15.

Dominic

Diad message yesterday said Monday will be very heavy, but preload starting early, and we can start as early as 7:15.
Im preload an they have us at a 10pm sunday start time for monday.... Haven't seen a pc leave on time yet this peak... Should be fun for all im guessing, smh.

SCV good to go sir.

A complete and utter disaster. The seasonal loaders were hired way too late with zero time to acclimate to the job before peak. The loads were absolute atrocities. Most of the air was late. Hundreds of missed packages. Not enough resources. Virtually all the drivers ran out of hours on Friday. Our Saturday operation depends heavily on veteran drivers as the current generation of air drivers isn't up to par. Thus our Saturday operation got ****ed and volume from last week is going to roll into next week. The experienced drivers tell me that this peak is ****ed for us and we'll have to roll volume well into January. I know things are really bad because management has conceded that they don't know what they're going to do and we're already allowed to use the helpers as long as we want.

I want to blame the shareholders but since many of you are reporting decent experiences, I'm guessing someone in my local dropped the ball.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A complete and utter disaster. The seasonal loaders were hired way too late with zero time to acclimate to the job before peak. The loads were absolute atrocities. Most of the air was late. Hundreds of missed packages. Not enough resources. Virtually all the drivers ran out of hours on Friday. Our Saturday operation depends heavily on veteran drivers as the current generation of air drivers isn't up to par. Thus our Saturday operation got ****ed and volume from last week is going to roll into next week. The experienced drivers tell me that this peak is ****ed for us and we'll have to roll volume well into January. I know things are really bad because management has conceded that they don't know what they're going to do and we're already allowed to use the helpers as long as we want.

I want to blame the shareholders but since many of you are reporting decent experiences, I'm guessing someone in my local dropped the ball.
From what I'm hearing there's no consistency to the volume. Some
Places are getting hammered while other it isn't too bad. I don't think the plan is overly different.

In our center we are running less than double the routes we run on a normal summer Monday. I know centers that are running 10-15% over double what they normally run on Mondays and are still rolling loads.

bumped

Compared to what I'm reading we've been fantastic. No snow yet with weather in the 40's. We ran all our Tuesday cold loads on Monday. Friday we had late air that was shuttles out, but I still punched at 6:30.

Now, access point on the other hand have been a complete disaster. Some were set up on December 1st and the consignees are pissed. Packages are going missing and scanners not working at these points, and some of the AP's are quitting the service while not releasing packages to the customers. Our OMS's are getting complaints all day long.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's so funny I forgot to laugh...
image.jpeg