Week one

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I agree. Although you could argue it's 2+ months and many of the centers I hear about have been running at max capacity for a decade or longer.
Agreed. We are already doing way more on an average day than we were ten years ago. Peak just magnifies our lack of capacity

I agree. Although you could argue it's 2+ months and many of the centers I hear about have been running at max capacity for a decade or longer.
Our building Is over capacity,when It's not peak! They opened a few new buildings,over the past fed decades. Moved work from our building,still dont have enough room. The packages are bigger and so are the trucks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Our building Is over capacity,when It's not peak! They opened a few new buildings,over the past fed decades. Moved work from our building,still dont have enough room. The packages are bigger and so are the trucks.
Oh the massive freaking packages. Had the same number of stops as yesterday. Yesterday I had a trampoline a shelving unit and a stationary bike. Today maybe 2 packages over 25 lbs. it was crazy how empty my truck looked today.

youllbefine

We are having one of the heaviest peaks so far... Monday beat last years biggest day.. Most of us here are working 12 hrs a day.. We are calling it the worst peak ever!!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
They running Saturday ground at you centers?

Yes. Our center is working tomorrow. Guarenteed 4 hrs. 3/4 of the drivers are coming in. Division manager pleaded for us to work. Because, the hubs will sort all weekend. We wont be able to load it all on our trucks. So., we will see Monday morning if it was worth the energy. If not. We will not do it next week

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
You know the irony of that is....I don't eat actual veal..lol. I know it's delicious and far be it for me to judge anyone else who enjoys it. I just think baby cows are cute...and locking them in boxes is cruel. :)

You should check out "Food Inc." on Netflix. You might second guess eating ever again.

Sent using a Potato

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Coupla Coor's Lights and a waitress's number?

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1417832081.541046.jpg

Sent using a Potato

scisector9

Besides Tuesday first week was gravy in my center. Worked less this week than last week. 51 hours this week 45 last week in 4 days and we are adding two more routes next week also.

My center is on it this year even adding a second sort with a dozen routes that starts after the majority of cars leave at 845. Was told some ground from black Friday and cyber Monday may still be working its way through but this week last year I was pishing dot hours by Friday. No complaints except that rentals suck and if we get some nasty weather I'm worried. The tires on these budgets are so tiny.

Cheers

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They use comfortable boxes.

Actually, the Amish farmers on my old route each had 6-12 veal calves every spring. Each one had its own fiberglass shed/igloo with a spacious fenced area outside.

Believe me, they were well cared for during their short lives.