week two

MeltedSnowman

My hub only did around 80 loads or something last night, very busy for about an hour and then it drops off. It's been like this all week. People are starting to wonder when the fun will begin.

TheFigurehead

My hub only did around 80 loads or something last night, very busy for about an hour and then it drops off. It's been like this all week. People are starting to wonder when the fun will begin.

This. We're still waiting. We seem to be under the predicted volume every day, and we're certainly not overstaffed… All that volume is going somewhere. FedEx must be busy.

STFXG

Been relatively quiet at my building. Been sending temp drivers home because the volume is below what was projected. Been heavy, but not blown out. Pretty easy peak so far.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Worked maybe 20 hours this week.

Unless peak lasts til feb I'm good now. We might have 1 really heavy week. That's like the good old days as far as I'm concerned.

I think we get hammered next week. I just hope it's not to the point that we roll and can't get caught back up.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Our sups told us that it will get busier each day next week with the following Monday being D-day. They are mulling over starting drivers at 6:30 am that Monday. Go out and deliver as many houses as you can then come back and get your NDA's and get them off by noon. Sounds like a solid plan for disaster. But we have been on easy street so far.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center was down two trailers due to the snow storm. I expected to have my helper but didn't need him. Tomorrow will be heavier and then the fun starts next week.

I had 2.48 hours of guarantee pay on today's check.

We processed everything today and it was heavier than I thought it would be. My helper kicked it up a notch and I was punched out and gone by 1815. Starting at 0845 Monday. They will be sweeping the UPS Store/MBE/Staples Saturday and Monday to get that volume back to the center and to let me focus on deliveries.

They posted a sign up sheet for 12/21.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Will be in Saturday for 5-6 hrs. The 2ft of snow we got this week have us behind a little. Hopefully tomorrow will help catch us up again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Will be in Saturday for 5-6 hrs. The 2ft of snow we got this week have us behind a little. Hopefully tomorrow will help catch us up again.

We got 16-20" here. We got everything delivered but were down two trailers going in to today. They posted a sign up sheet for 12/21 but haven't said what they would be having us do that day or whether the pay rate would be triple time or double time and a half. So far I am the only one to sign so I am curious if they will try to force from the bottom up. With Thursday being the holiday they can work us on Sunday without violating HOS rules.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
For the Dot rules. We will be working next Saturday also. I don't think we can work here on Sunday. I believe we have to be off a certain amount of hrs. We are running mon to sat now.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Preload starts at 00:30 every day next week so it looks like they're expecting it to hit hard.
As a driver I've had 3 hours overtime this week, so this is gonna be one those last week hell peak I just have a feeling despite the extra people. My bet is 3 weeks after peak .