Weird paycheck detail

S

splozi

I work in pre-load and I'm also driver helping during peak.

Typically, this is is the sort of pay breakdown I've been seeing: x amount of hours worked at the base pay (preload), x amount of hours at 8.50 (helper), and x amount of hours at 12.75 (overtime @ helper pay).

Something strange showed up on my paycheck last Friday. I got paid for a few hours at the overtime rate for my base pay.

Was this likely just a mistake, or is there something I am unaware of?

brown bomber

brown bomber
I was told years ago......ACCOUNTING does not make mistakes.....I've been overpaid on a few occasions (which I reported)....and nothing ever happened.......I've reported every overpayment, I've received........and there has never been any form of repayment

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Over five hours for part time is automatic jump into overtime. This month you'll be seeing a lot of it. Got something like 360 bucks last week. That after the feds and medcare took 59 dollars of it, mostly feds ( 47 dolla ). I tell you what, the federal government is the biggest crook of them all.

brown_trousers

I was told years ago......ACCOUNTING does not make mistakes.....I've been overpaid on a few occasions (which I reported)....and nothing ever happened.......I've reported every overpayment, I've received........and there has never been any form of repayment

It was not overpayment! UPS appreciates your hard work and as such has rewarded you with a bonus :)

I too have noticed questionable "overpayment" on my some of my checks in the past, but I never report it. I figure for every mistaken overpayment, they have probably shorted me a few dollars on other paychecks as an underpayment.

S

splozi

Over five hours for part time is automatic jump into overtime. This month you'll be seeing a lot of it. Got something like 360 bucks last week. That after the feds and medcare took 59 dollars of it, mostly feds ( 47 dolla ). I tell you what, the federal government is the biggest crook of them all.

That is very good to know! I got about 370 last paycheck, and am expecting 470+ for the next. The extra money is nice... but I tell you what, I'll be glad when this is over. 12 hours a day is brutal.

DTAHONDA

I worked 38 hrs 2 weeks ago as a driver helper, 3 9+hr days and only got 3hrs of OT..

And most checks when i work 5-7 hrs a day i get a little ot. h