Weird UPS rules

It really does matter as pushing is in your power zone and pulling is not.
Nice try
won't fly.

To push the mirrors in, you have to be standing on the ground outside the truck. Unless you are very tall or the truck unusually short, to do that you have to raise your hands above you head to push, THAT is out of you power zone.

paidover95

I have 1 for you.During 1 of my OJS rides the supervisor harrased me cause I didnt have 3 points of contact with my key when I sat down in the driver seat to take off to my next stop!(thumb and my first 2 fingers)what an a..hole

over9five

Staff member
Still have to wear that 2 point seat belt even tho your head will still go thru the windshield!

(Beat ya to it, Sober!!!)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I hope nobody signed that.

Also, I've never pulled the mirror in. Afraid to lose my left arm.

That's like looking over your left shoulder out the door. 1 I'm to short to easily see out the door and 2 I'd be afraid of having my head ripped off.

Big Babooba

How do you push your mirror in? I have to pull mine in. But I was told to push not pull. I'm so confused!

It really doesn't matter... Point is I'm not sticking my hand out the door blindly to move the mirror. Good way to lose an arm.

It really does matter as pushing is in your power zone and pulling is not.
How would you get the mirror back into position? Step out of the truck in traffic and push it back?:happy2:

Tiny Panda

We were told not to tell anyone where our planes take off from in case they were planning some kind of sabotage.

If only i knew where they might take off from

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Thought this could get a lot of peoples hair to stand up on end. What's the weirdest UPS rules you can think of?

I was about to order the 'explorers hat' (mostly because I'd look sexy in it) but called my sup first. Since it's not 'ups' issued I can't wear it? However, it IS UPS brand. To me that just seems weird :biting:
Awww!

no backing into residential driveway without approval from center manager.
Don't back into driveways. Take the long way home.

not allowed to drink pop or energy drinks when it is hot out.
Huh?

We are required to walk thru a metal detector that beeps every time the metal door opens or shuts. It is manned by an unarmed, 70 yr old "security guard" earning minimum wage who sits and reads the paper and ignores the beeping. It is for our safety, to prevent weapons from being brought into the building.
Is your area that unsafe? Our building is in the "hood" and people cut across our lot as a short cut, and we don't have a guard.

-telling us we should wear light colored clothing in the summer- (I'm all for it. Where are those tropic weight khaki uniforms.)
I'm all for that.

Still have to wear that 2 point seat belt even tho your head will still go thru the windshield!

(Beat ya to it, Sober!!!)
Ouch!
head_through_windshield.jpg

some1else

Banned
uhh my favorite is putting cod checks in your chest pocket? if i did that this time of year at 95* they would be destroyed in about 30seconds from sweat.

thessalonian13

WEIRD RULE!!!!!!! If there is an emergency evacuation (lets say a fire) we cannot walk through the overhead garage doors... 200 of us must evacuate using a side door then walk past the gas pumps to get to our outside meet point....

thessalonian13

another weird rule.... you cannot wear brown socks without the ups logo on them if you are wearing shorts.... doesn't matter if the brown socks are a perfect match.... THEY MUST HAVE THE LOGO ON THEM!!!!!!!!! I got busted for that....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
another weird rule.... you cannot wear brown socks without the ups logo on them if you are wearing shorts.... doesn't matter if the brown socks are a perfect match.... THEY MUST HAVE THE LOGO ON THEM!!!!!!!!! I got busted for that....
Take em somewhere and get em airbrushed. No joke, it can be done. As a matter of fact, I'd have em airbrush it USP, just to see when they would finally notice.

I have a shirt I wear that lost the logo quite some time ago, and no one, not even other drivers have noticed it yet.:happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
And on top of that you have to buy the damm things.:knockedout: