Welfare

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I'd like to revisit a past issue as it pertains to welfare and that is drug testing. Some here have advocated drug testing as a means to purge the welfare rolls and they seem to think this would purge a high number of folk. The perceived thinking is that a high number of welfare recipients are regular drug users. Well it would seem the State of Florida heard that message loud and clear and did that very thing with drug testing but the results ain't what you were hoping for.

BUT!

And since we are testing welfare recipients for drugs, let's test the middle level/upper level managers and boards of the big corp. welfare recipients and see what kinda results you get there. You might just find them drug users after all but the next question, could you handle that truth?

:happy-very:
The article states, that through mid august 1000 people had taken the test. I would predict the first 1000 people were people who truly needed the help, and not drug users. Still the benefits saved, is no small sum. Also it makes these individuals more employable. You cannot get a job if you cannot pass your drug test. When the choice is no money is you cant pass, then you do what you have to do to get the free money, or you go to work. Sounds like a win win.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Wkmac, I have no problem with ANYONE who receives some type of cash assistances, even a tax break to ol' Scotty, getting tested.

klein

Für Meno :)
Yeah, what about all those homeowners, that the governemnt stepped in and saved them from forclosing ?
That's more then a lousy $134 per month the poorest people on the end of the chain get !

menotyou

bella amicizia
They shouldn't have had those homes to begin with. If they had gone to a bank 10 years prior with the same details(pay, credit score, ect..), they would not have qualified. You had people making $2000 a month living in $200,000 homes. When the balloon payment came, they couldn't afford it. Bad loans, bad loan managers and greedy people equal a housing problem. When they changed the banking laws, everything went to hell. They still have the potential to go back to that because no one has fixed the problems.

klein

We scrimped & saved in order to have a 20% down payment on our first home. That's just the way things were done.

Wow, that sounds too much like Canada ! I bet you didn't like that at the time !

Oh, and we don't even get those home tax benefits here, either !

moreluck

golden ticket member
It didn't matter whether we liked it or not, that's just the way things were and that's what you did if you wanted a home. You had to work for it. Then later on, the government said ,"maybe everybody should own a home".......and we all know the rest of that story!!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Wow, that sounds too much like Canada ! I bet you didn't like that at the time !
Why not...its called fiscal responseability or common sense which you lack.

Oh, and we don't even get those home tax benefits here, either !
So your jealous then? You just love trying to bash America very chance you get...Good thing you started the Canada news thread., its gonna be fun.:wink2:

klein

Why should I be jelous ? Hopefully all homeowners get to do drug testing monthly, too, so they can take advantage of tax bennies.... and it's more then $134 per month, that the very, very poor receive.

Here we pay for our loans, and home loans, we don't need government to subsidize us. Now that's called fiscal responsibilty - which you and many others lack !

moreluck

golden ticket member
You are so full of hot air, you should be giving free balloon rides at your hot dog events!!
You pay your home loans and don't need the gov't ??? What do you do when you need stitches, get out grandma's sewing basket ????

klein

We don't get a tax break as homeowners ! How hard is that to understand ??????!!!!!!

And whats the big difference if UPS pays your medical, and here we as tax payers pay our medical, ourselves (indirectly thru government) ?!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We don't get a tax break as homeowners ! How hard is that to understand ??????!!!!!!

And whats the big difference if UPS pays your medical, and here we as tax payers pay our medical, ourselves (indirectly thru government) ?!
UPS doesn't pay my medical............we pay our own!! ($1477.00 a month)

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Why should I be jelous ?
You complained that you dont get that in your crappy country.
Here we pay for our loans, and home loans, we don't need government to subsidize us.
Every canuk pays their bills...no friggin way!!!! Are you hittin the bottle hard again? Oh wait...you were dissin America again...penis envy?
Now that's called fiscal responsibilty - which you and many others lack !
There you go talking out your arse again...or is it the Likor talking? So when you say "You and many others" what do you mean? I dont pay my bills on time or im in debt...i guess you must be a liar since i dont think you tapped into my bank account. LMAO!!!! Your good entertainment Klein...its gonna be fun.:wink2:

klein

Crappy country, eh ? When 3 of our cities make the list of the 5 best liveable places in the world.
And I said, we don't get , nor need, government to help us paying off a mortgage, unlike in the USA.
We pay the whole sum back, plus interest, with no tax breaks ! Is that so bad ?

On the other hand we are not over $550.000 per household in government debt owning, and we never want to be there either - we would want higher taxes before that ever happens, just like we pushed for higher taxes going into the Canada Pension Fund.... so it doesn't run out of funds.
Is that so bad ?

Again, that's called fiscal responsibilty !

moreluck

golden ticket member
You know diddley squat!!

If you hate America so much, don't bother coming here anymore. You're a braggart when you're drunk. Don't drink & blog !!