Well I can now say I was wrong

ManInBrown

I was in a residential neighborhood today and a FedEx home delivery driver was nose first in a 50ft long driveway. He backs out right into traffic. Almost got nailed. And then goes speeding off doing about 60 in a 25. Only a matter of time before the FedEx house of cards falls. The company is a joke and the frontline employees for the most part have no business being on the road commercially

STFXG

I was in a residential neighborhood today and a FedEx home delivery driver was nose first in a 50ft long driveway. He backs out right into traffic. Almost got nailed. And then goes speeding off doing about 60 in a 25. Only a matter of time before the FedEx house of cards falls. The company is a joke and the frontline employees for the most part have no business being on the road commercially
Yawn

bbsam

Staff member
Seriously, do you realize how long y'all have been saying such things?

ManInBrown

Seriously, do you realize how long y'all have been saying such things?

Let me ask you a question. Do your drivers not get the same weekly paycheck whether they get done at 4:30 everyday or 9pm everyday? Does that not cause a major safety issue with the general public? When Boris knows I better run my you know what off because I'm not sitting out here till 9pm because bbsam doesn't give me extra money for working late

bbsam

Staff member
It has just started with that court ruling last year that "ground clowns" as express calls them are employees. It should be interesting to see what happens next.
If you read closely,.that was an appeal from an older.case. The model has since been changed to step into the lighter shade of gray of the law.

bbsam

Staff member
Let me ask you a question. Do your drivers not get the same weekly paycheck whether they get done at 4:30 everyday or 9pm everyday? Does that not cause a major safety issue with the general public? When Boris knows I better run my you know what off because I'm not sitting out here till 9pm because bbsam doesn't give me extra money for working late
I don't have drivers out until 9pm. I'm afraid many of the stories you've heard are somewhat exaggerated.

Overpaid Union Thug

The stock price shouldn't be a concern but the empty suits in Atlanta don't agree. And until they ditch the idea that the stock price can be artificially inflated by lying to Wall Street about ORION they will always fail to reach their goals. UPS could easily pull away from FedEx if they would concentrate solely on customer service. And that includes adding feeder runs. There is no logical reason why UPS should ever be threatened by a competitor that typically employees drivers of the caliber that "ManinBrown" mentioned. It's utterly ridiculous.

newarkster

I hear complaints every day from people on my route about the horrible service from both FedEx and USPS, most people don't care if it gets to their local hub 1 day faster, it seems that the other guys have trouble getting it to the customers home.

Overpaid Union Thug

I hear complaints every day from people on my route about the horrible service from both FedEx and USPS, most people don't care if it gets to their local hub 1 day faster, it seems that the other guys have trouble getting it to the customers home.
If FedEx Ground and HD didn't suck so bad ORION would have definitely steered plenty of volume their way. We've had more than a few longtime customers attempt to switch once ORION changed their delivery times. It didnt work out though.

bbsam

Staff member
One would think that Fedex would be losing market share, no?

10 point

If FedEx Ground and HD didn't suck so bad ORION would have definitely steered plenty of volume their way. We've had more than a few longtime customers attempt to switch once ORION changed their delivery times. It didnt work out though.
I've seen major companies try to switch but reliability brings them back to UPS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
what do they mean by "lanes'?
?

1364836718_woman_bowling_fail.gif