Well I can now say I was wrong

S

selfcancelsignal

There are wimps! We do more by noon then they do all day!
They might get to resi's faster than us with help from Home Delivery, but rarely quicker to businesses, since they deliver so many. & Worldship will always be far superior in user friendliness than anything FX or FXG can do, or ever will dream of!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How does one fudge those numbers? That's just silly.
Does not sound silly to me, at all. You don't think FedEx could easily fudge numbers, or use white lies to gain positive PR/contracts, or etc.? Easy example from the brown side: for how long were they scamming customers on NDA service commits? Refunds etc.? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Corporations break and bend rules all of the time. People lie, cheat and steal... and corporations are people! :D

O

OLDMAN3

I may be totally off here, but if you are going to compare the return on investment between UPS and FEDEX you need to look at total return (not just stock price) including reinvested dividends. If you do so, you will find extremely comparable results over the long hall...

http://performance.morningstar.com/stock/performance-return.action?t=UPS

Add FEDEX to the ticker box to compare.

Attachments

• upload_2015-6-9_21-48-0.png
    upload_2015-6-9_21-48-0.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 121

bbsam

Staff member
Does not sound silly to me, at all. You don't think FedEx could easily fudge numbers, or use white lies to gain positive PR/contracts, or etc.? Easy example from the brown side: for how long were they scamming customers on NDA service commits? Refunds etc.? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Corporations break and bend rules all of the time. People lie, cheat and steal... and corporations are people! :D
Fudging numbers to show something like market share? No. That's too easily verifiable from the outside.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Fudging numbers to show something like market share? No. That's too easily verifiable from the outside.
I hear complaints every day from people on my route about the horrible service from both FedEx and USPS, most people don't care if it gets to their local hub 1 day faster, it seems that the other guys have trouble getting it to the customers home.
....this is the post you originally quoted, for which you said FedEx would be losing market share if that were the case. And of course the fact is, the numbers can be fudged to mislead accounts/customers to maintain or grow the business, which would result in greater share. Very simple.

bbsam

Staff member
....this is the post you originally quoted, for which you said FedEx would be losing market share if that were the case. And of course the fact is, the numbers can be fudged to mislead accounts/customers to maintain or grow the business, which would result in greater share. Very simple.
If they were fudging numbers, they wouldn't be expanding the network to handle phantom growth. There would be nothing to sustain the investment. I assure you, they are expanding aggressively.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Wonder what Fed Ex/gr/Fr/HD's numbers would be if they had a similar pay/health/pension package for their employees, as UPSes.

I agree. Also wonder how fed ex makes money. When they have all 3 or 4 branches to the same company or home. Should cost them 3x's more. How do they split the cost?

Brown Now

Well, what is YOUR answer? How do they do what you are certain they do?
Why on earth do you even care! Why is it that someone from any FDX operating company is on a UPS blog? What is your obsession with UPS?

I may work here but I can tell you that FDX ground employees are no where near the same caliber as UPS employees. Whether feeder or package car. You can not compare them. I'm a feeder driver and to even say your broker feeder drivers are the same caliber as us, I'll tell you your full of S#%t !

Everything that FDX Ground does is a carbon copy of UPS. Even all your terminology,Peak,Feeder,Package Car,Sort. It's all UPS! Yet we get FDX employees on our blog telling us how great FDX is. Really?

Go find a FDX blog and run along now. Bah bye.

bbsam

Staff member
Why on earth do you even care! Why is it that someone from any FDX operating company is on a UPS blog? What is your obsession with UPS?

I may work here but I can tell you that FDX ground employees are no where near the same caliber as UPS employees. Whether feeder or package car. You can not compare them. I'm a feeder driver and to even say your broker feeder drivers are the same caliber as us, I'll tell you your full of S#%t !

Everything that FDX Ground does is a carbon copy of UPS. Even all your terminology,Peak,Feeder,Package Car,Sort. It's all UPS! Yet we get FDX employees on our blog telling us how great FDX is. Really?

Go find a FDX blog and run along now. Bah bye.
I'm sorry; was somebody talking to you? Thought not.

Anyhooo...

If you don't like me here, take it up with Cheryl. Bye now.

Stopher

it's sad to say but I think they are starting to get the upper hand. Strange cause the ups boys/girls work harder. I think it's a management issue so we should have nothing to be ashamed of.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I really felt like UPS would always dominate Fed Ex but im starting to second guess my optimism. I hope we figure something out because they are pulling pretty close to jumping us.

https://did%3Ddff667e2f68979c0c688d38358ea8049eec73aa4%3Bid%3D121021111346%3Bkey%3DW3utLXq5st-8e9txSlouDw%3Bname%3Dbidnessetcnews
But yet I was brought into feeders exactly a year ago and have 50 drivers underneath me now. I'll worry the day UPS closes it's doors, which I believe it never will.

Browndriver5

I honestly don't see why anyone would want a fed ex driver at their house or business. I know I don't want a guy wearing cargo shorts, no teeth and wife beater walking up in my front yard

I'm no longer one of the "you guys" (just ask upstate). I quit caring how my stuff was shipped when I retired. All I care about is that its as fast as possible (even if its ground) and it gets to me in one piece. I order a lot of stuff and would say the majority of it (if its small) l comes USPS-with Fedex Ground second then UPS last. If it is a larger item FedEx Ground usually brings it. UPS has maps with transit times also but I don't think they call them lanes--anyone know?
Same with me, I'm retired and have noticed the same thing. I think I may have received maybe two deliveries by UPS this year. All the rest, and there have been a lot, have come by USPS and FEDEX. For all you non believers and deniers....you need to open your eyes and take the blinders off. FedEx ground is building a huge facility about 2 miles from me and I don't think they will be processing those phantom packages in that huge bldg.

ArcherUTR

I don't have drivers out until 9pm. I'm afraid many of the stories you've heard are somewhat exaggerated.
Did you misunderstand his point, or did I?

The quality of the contractors that make up FedEx ground and FedEx home delivery are a result their low pay, benefits, and workload this will result in misdeliveries, customer concerns, accidents, and high turnover.

At UPS, if we continue to extend the length of time of wage progression for full-time senioritied drivers and also continue to see a drop in the quality of the on-road supervisor training, we will suffer the same fate. We also need to continue to see an increase in starting hub pay and to fire more employees that damage and throw packages. It shouldn't matter if your supervisor demands unreasonable production. It should only matter how we treat the packages and how we treat the customers; however, first and always first, no accidents.

bbsam

Staff member
Did you misunderstand his point, or did I?

The quality of the contractors that make up FedEx ground and FedEx home delivery are a result their low pay, benefits, and workload this will result in misdeliveries, customer concerns, accidents, and high turnover.

At UPS, if we continue to extend the length of time of wage progression for full-time senioritied drivers and also continue to see a drop in the quality of the on-road supervisor training, we will suffer the same fate. We also need to continue to see an increase in starting hub pay and to fire more employees that damage and throw packages. It shouldn't matter if your supervisor demands unreasonable production. It should only matter how we treat the packages and how we treat the customers; however, first and always first, no accidents.
I think you missed my point. All contractors are not the same. Those with high turnover, accident frequency, etc. eventually fail and are terminated/leave. It takes time, but FDX has time and has been able to put itself in the public eye as an acceptable (if not exceptional) alternative to UPS all the while making a lot of money. But it goes further. I believe FDX see Ground driver pay as the coming standard and UPS (with a perfected Orion) will do everything in it's power to follow suit.