Well....I had my local level hearing.

Re-Raise

Wow quite a story. The worst thing that I can remember happening to me at work is one time I came back from vacation and some cover driver had moved my seat in the package car... don't get me started.

SWORDFISH

This center manager creates a hostile work enviroment and he is a control freak.

This was my point to brownmonsther. There are some centers where you cannot just go to work and do your job. Upstate wont understand either because hes from what seems to be a good center as well.
I understand where you are coming from. I have gone threw alot of stuff as well. My center manager hates me and wants my job also. I have been targeted more times than I can count. If you ever need someone to talk w/ about this stuff you can message me anytime.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well, it will be interesting to see where this thread goes.....

Some people complain UPS management are biased and draw conclusions without reason. Its interesting that those same people do exactly what they complain about.

I have no way of knowing if the original poster did anything to warrant discipline. There are absolutely no facts in the post. No one here knows the facts behind this, but many immediately use this as an opportunity to bash the company. They do exactly what they complain about....

I will withold opinion waiting for facts. I will watch as many others do not.

P-Man
True.

Your manager sounds like a jerk. What was the discipline for? why the panel?
And may very well likely be a jerk, but the OP sounds like one too.

That is a perspective that can help some people get through the day and through life.

Reminds me of McEnroe and the rants he always went on against the lines people and chair umpires. It helped him believe he was always right and got him pumped up. It worked for him.

Like browndevil said - try not to take it personally, let it flow off your back, let it go
Amen to that.

This story, if true, proves why my theory of walking into work, quietly doing the job, and going home works best. Your UPS life could be a daytime soap.
+1

Not calling the guy in charge of giving you the 8 hour "Dog breath" would be a good start.
+10

Hey, I didn't wanna puke. It was really that bad. Turns out I was right, he had a bad cavity!! This center manager creates a hostile work enviroment and he is a control freak. I will admit to being a thorn in his side in bringing packages back on an 8 hour after he told me he would fire me. He has threatened me with termination many times and I always call his bluff and have always kept the job. Some drivers are up to there eyeballs in debt and have to take the harassment and intimidation, but i'm the exact opposite and he knows this. I have proven to my other coworkers in calling his bluffs that what he says isn't always the way it has to be and this has put him over the edge. He got the ball rolling of disciplinary action with the complaint made by his pet and he's been building the case ever since the last chance agreement and he now has had the help of my OJS supervisor. We are from a small center so secrets can't really be kept and what i'm saying is agreed upon by most of my coworkers. I will continue the non fiction when I get more time. Everything i've disclosed is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, can I hear an amen!!!
SOI, if all of this hasn't shown you something, let me spell it out for you. SHUT YOUR FRIGGIN TRAP. Maybe you'll be able to listen for a change and see that it's not all about YOU. Your center manager, like them or not, has a business to run. You running off at the mouth could be pushing them over the edge. So why not leave well enough alone already. BTW, stuff like you mention in your diatribe happens to all of us. Learn to deal with life without pointing a finger and saying I have it bad you should treat me nice. Welcome to the real world where not everyone treats you like a 5 year old. Now grow up, apologize, shake hands and move on. Uncle STUG has spoken!

Sounds like you really showed him who's in charge. Pissing off (repeatedly) the person who has the ability to fire you is about as smart as cussing out a cop. You lose and they get a kick out of the victory. The center manager may be a jerk, but he's still the jerk in charge. What good could possibly come out constantly being a thorn in his side? Unfortunately for you, it sounds like they have a pretty good case. You have admitted to attendance, insobordination, and production problems as well as dishonesty. All they need to do is print your posts and present it as your testimony.
+1, though my posts are the only one's that get printed since I'm not anonymous.:sad-little:

Wow quite a story. The worst thing that I can remember happening to me at work is one time I came back from vacation and some cover driver had moved my seat in the package car... don't get me started.
Ha Ha!

This was my point to brownmonsther. There are some centers where you cannot just go to work and do your job. Upstate wont understand either because hes from what seems to be a good center as well.
I understand where you are coming from. I have gone threw alot of stuff as well. My center manager hates me and wants my job also. I have been targeted more times than I can count. If you ever need someone to talk w/ about this stuff you can message me anytime.
Dry mouth?:happy-very:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I was with him, up to the point that he agreed to the final warning letter.
They called his bluff.
They can afford to.
That is exactly what the company counts on in these instances.
This is the point were the paper trail shifted to the company's favor.
It is the equivalent of a guilty plea.
Provided that all facts are true, his path was righteous.
His misstep was a lack of fortitude.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I hope I'm wrong, but then again it might be the best case scenario now, the outcome of the local level hearing is obvious.
Back to work, time served.

P.S. One thing that doesn't add up and makes this whole story BS is this. Who, at UPS, or any other union shop, has been fired over the phone while on vacation, without a union steward? Am I the only one who caught that?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I hope I'm wrong, but then again it might be the best case scenario now, the outcome of the local level hearing is obvious.

P.S. One thing that doesn't add up and makes this whole story BS is this as follows. Who, at UPS, or any other union shop, has been fired over the phone while on vacation, without a union steward? Am I the only one who caught that?
Maybe the OP is a part time supe? That would explain a lot.

SWORDFISH

P.S. One thing that doesn't add up and makes this whole story BS is this. Who, at UPS, or any other union shop, has been fired over the phone while on vacation, without a union steward? Am I the only one who caught that?

LOL! I have. Actually my call was from my BA asking me about it and I had no idea. Well they sent me a letter to. If you knew why I got fired thats funny to by the way.

Did the lawyers stand up and say you were a worthless no good son of a bitch or did they present actual incidents where you did not do the job or even refused to do the job as they told you to do it.
Part of determining whether what they said had substanance is to listen to the evidence and see if you actually did those things as charged.
if you did then you need to have a come to jesus meeting with yourself.
the goodness of your soul has nothing to do with this trial. your actions are what brought you there.
good luck on your journey. I wish you no ill will I do think you have to reconcile the events that took place and make sure you did the right thing.

So now you are going to bring Jesus into the equation but last week you said that people should watch out for people of faith such as my self whatever. Smile Jesus loves you brother.

pretzel_man

I think the answer sober gives is offensive. In the process whether intended or not he lumps you and me into that offensive discription. If you're going to agree with sober that you are a sphinctoid then at least do me the favor as a moderator here and do not copy the post so I don't have to read it.

there is one individual in that guys world that sounds like he is a real idiot. Instead of sober directing his comments at that one idiot he directs it at all of us.

If I had made similar comments here about sober my posts would either have been deleted or I would have recieved one of those special site reprimmands that stays with my profile forever. Or both.

And you guys wonder why I put the idiot on ignore.

Damn ... I wish you could put me on ignore.
I'm going to ask Cheryl to make an exception in this case. :wink2:

Hoax,

I know that you are a witty, funny and happy-go-lucky guy. I think that is great and has served you well.

In this case however, Tie is right......

Without knowing a single fact in the case, posts were made accusing management of wrongdoing. He is right that at some level, that is an attack on you and me.

I have thick skin and don't really care. Actually, I find it interesting that posters do exactly what they accuse management of doing.

P-Man

tieguy

Banned
Hoax,

I know that you are a witty, funny and happy-go-lucky guy. I think that is great and has served you well.

Without knowing a single fact in the case, posts were made accusing management of wrongdoing. He is right that at some level, that is an attack on you and me.

I have thick skin and don't really care. Actually, I find it interesting that posters do exactly what they accuse management of doing.

P-Man

they do it constantly. and for some reason Hoax pops in and says
you're right we are boils on the sphinctoid.

Now if Hoax wants to make himself such then more power to him.
i do think in this case he should use the pronoun I rather then we.

I also think Sober's post indicate he's the next guy to lose it and go on a 20 person shooting spree.
I therefore find it odd that people cater to his delusions.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax,

P-Man

I think ya'll are taking sober a little too seriously ... he is a known quality and is a broken record with a certain point of view.

No one with a modicum of common sense is taking anything he says as fair and balanced ... he is the Keith Sobermann of BC.

Sometimes he is enlightening but mostly he is just entertaining ... just trash talking.

Sick of Intimidation

Sounds like you really showed him who's in charge. Pissing off (repeatedly) the person who has the ability to fire you is about as smart as cussing out a cop. You lose and they get a kick out of the victory. The center manager may be a jerk, but he's still the jerk in charge. What good could possibly come out constantly being a thorn in his side? Unfortunately for you, it sounds like they have a pretty good case. You have admitted to attendance, insobordination, and production problems as well as dishonesty. All they need to do is print your posts and present it as your testimony.

I understand where you're coming from, but you have to understand that someday you will be "Sick of the Intimidation". I was an attendance problem throughout my divorce, my friend dying, and my dad in the hospital, but I cleaned it up. I am NOT a production problem. I haven't ever had a 3 day ride in my career and I hadn't even had a performance ride until 2 days before I was terminated, which I will get to during the rest of my story. If "they" print my posts and present it as my testimony, so be it, I don't have anything to hide and i'm telling the truth and will tell the thruth no matter the outcome at the state panel. I will not lie to get my job back.

Lol, this used to be me to before this new center manager. I've always had a decent relationship with my management and supervision teams and i've been through a lot of them.

+1,000. This used to be the case in my center. You used to be able to come to work, do your job, go home, and collect a paycheck. It hasn't been this way since the new center manager arrived. He's all about his numbers. He has done so many unprofessional and unethical things since he's been in our center. Examples are: saying the N word, getting a mechanic from a business across the street to come and move trailers on our property because he didn't have a cdl driver on site, and I know of 2 accidents that he covered up and never reported as accidents. Thank you for your offer about talking and listening Swordfish. I have family and friends, but it is nice to have someone to talk with that can relate and knows what we go through. I am really depressed right now. My integrity has been questioned twice now in just a few months and it bothers me because I've always done what i'm supposed to do when no one is watching which is what I define integrity as meaning. I did NOT say that dirty stuff to that woman, and it killed me to sign that final warning just to get my job back. At the time my BA thought it was a good idea to sign it and just put all this stuff behind me and move forward. I remember asking him, that it felt like I was admitting to wrongdoing by signing the warning, but he said that he doesn't like to go to the state panel in a he said she said case, cause most of the time they believe the woman.

satellitedriver

Without knowing a single fact in the case, posts were made accusing management of wrongdoing.
I find it interesting that posters do exactly what they accuse management of doing.
P-Man

I personally do not think any facts were ever presented.
SOI is SOL, if "it" thinks I believe any of "it's" fictional writings.
Upstate called this thread early on.
IMHO