Well....I had my local level hearing.

P

pickup

Dear Original Poster:

Could you break up your long posts into paragraphs? It would make them a lot easier to read.

Some of the negative responses coming back are partly due to the frustration of trying to read these posts because the words are all crammed together.

For some reason, it is just easier to read when there is a space inserted between every few sentences.

Just sayin'. Ya know?

Sick of Intimidation

If they don't get you with this they will get you with something. I don't see how you can be so proud of being a thorn in managements back. And then want them to care about your personal life???

You clearly need to look in the mirror. If all the stuff you are saying is true then you sound almost as bad as management.

Just shut up and do your job. With the mouth that you have you don't want to alienate yourself from the union too.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't ask them to care, just show a little compassion. I felt it wasn't right for my center manager to tell me he didn't care about my buddy dying just a few weeks after his death. I may be as bad as mangement, but I think i'm genuinely a good guy who tries to do good deads everyday. Thanks for your advice about shutting up and doing my job. I will address that with saying that I do my job and I provide the best possible service for my customers. I don't care for the harassment and intimidation at work, all I care about is keeping my customers happy. I haven't ever been a performance problem till lately. I don't know if i've ever had a late air, a missed pick-up, and my pickup compliance is always above 80% and it's normally a 100%.

Dear OP, wow! I don't have 5 sentences to describe my 21 years at UPS and you have a lifetime in each paragraph.

Brownmonster, thanks for your reply and i'm happy for you that you've had such a smooth career.

Are you actually using all the allotted space for a post, or are you taking breaks to think things up?

Upsgrunt, i'm allowed 10,000 characters in each reply and have had to adjust at times.

Dear Original Poster:

Could you break up your long posts into paragraphs? It would make them a lot easier to read.

Some of the negative responses coming back are partly due to the frustration of trying to read these posts because the words are all crammed together.

For some reason, it is just easier to read when there is a space inserted between every few sentences.

Just sayin'. Ya know?

I appreciate the constuctive criticism and will use more paragraphs from now on.

rod

Retired 22 years
Dear Original Poster:

Just sayin'. Ya know?

Hey pickup---is his spelling ok though?:happy2:

P

pickup

Hey pickup---is his spelling ok though?:happy2:

I've managed to move on from my days as the grammar and spelling policeman of the brown cafe. In certain instances, I will pull my badge out of the drawer. This will not be one of those instances. :whiteflag:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Is it just me?
Right there with you brotha!

You talk too much. YOu need to learn how to shut up. All this could be avoided if you kept quiet.
No wonder management has a problem with you. You give them your opinion. Management never has and never will want the opinion of a lowly driver. Realize this. Collect your paycheck and go home
+1

Just shut up and do your job. With the mouth that you have you don't want to alienate yourself from the union too.
+1

Dear OP, wow! I don't have 5 sentences to describe my 21 years at UPS and you have a lifetime in each paragraph.
What paragraphs?

But the Benefits Are Great? My only thinking, because of all the "tragedy" that happens to the OP.

Highwayman

Yes it's great when the Mgt can key on a guy like this. Makes it easier for the rest of us to keep our heads down and make it through another day! I like the use of flashbacks in the story too.:wink2:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Why would you bag ANY package when its not raining !!! Just showed you were going to take as much time to screw over the sup. IMHO - You're getting what you deserve !

Sick of Intimidation

Why would you bag ANY package when its not raining !!! Just showed you were going to take as much time to screw over the sup. IMHO - You're getting what you deserve !

I'm from the Great Lakes District. The weather here can go from sunny one hour to pouring rain the next. I probably used 3 bags all day and yes, I was following my methods. Who's to say that the consignees are on vacation, so why not bag the package to make sure. We have drivers in our center who bag every package if it will fit in a DR bag. Thanks for your opinion.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I also think Sober's post indicate he's the next guy to lose it and go on a 20 person shooting spree.
I therefore find it odd that people cater to his delusions.

There is something fundamentally unfair (as well as self-delusional) about a poster who loudly and repeatedly claims to have me on his "ignore" list....yet at the same time continues to selectively respond to, and be offended by, what I post here.

It is comforting, however, to know that our forum has a genuine "Internet Psychologist" on board, who is qualified to diagnose mental illnesses and make predictions of future criminal behavior, based solely upon what they read in another members posts.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is some of the best fiction I have read in some time---right on par with my favorite author, John Grisham. It has it all--adultery, deception, lies, backstabbing, more lies, flashbacks, foreshadowing--I can hardly put it down.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Without knowing a single fact in the case, posts were made accusing management of wrongdoing. He is right that at some level, that is an attack on you and me.

I have thick skin and don't really care. Actually, I find it interesting that posters do exactly what they accuse management of doing.

P-Man

1. It is not an attack on you, at any level.

2. Having accusations leveled against you with no basis in fact is pretty much a part of daily life for a UPS employee. An employee who is unable to meet the arbitrary and unrealistic expectations imposed by IE is automatically assumed to be a slacker or a time thief. To management, the reality of the situation is irrelevant....only the metric matters.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

C'mon Heff, he said rain was in the forecast.
When do we ever know how long a DR package is going to sit there?
Pretty sure that the methods say we are to bag any package that could be subject to weather.
On an OJS ride you do all of the methods, cutting no corners.
After all they are trying to establish a demonstrated level of preformance to hold you to for the future.
That being said, I've seen a lot of holes in his story, but bagging his DR stops isn't one of them.

Sick of Intimidation

This is some of the best fiction I have read in some time---right on par with my favorite author, John Grisham. It has it all--adultery, deception, lies, backstabbing, more lies, flashbacks, foreshadowing--I can hardly put it down.

C'mon, you don't have a favorite author. You can't even read:happy-very:but if you can, i'm glad you're enjoying the read:princess:princess. I've gotta go:hockeyplayer: