Well, I'm outta here!

raceanoncr

4 weeks into retirement ... how's it going?

As I posted when I invaded the "Partners" discussion forum, going GREAT!!!!

Weathers been absolutely PERFECT! 4 weeks worth!

Golfing almost 4 times a week, the most in my life! These hip surgeries and other complications really set me back in the recreation department.

Built new 36X24 garage out back in addition to the 30X26 and the 20X25 I already had finally surpassing the official house living square footage.
Total garage square footage: 2300 Total house square footage: 1900. Cool, huh? (figures approx, so, flamers don't correct me, please)

Finally able to spend time w/wife. She gave up a lot when I was taking care of my mom and her subsequent death, including taking the lead in cleaning out the house and helping sell it. I owe her more than I'll ever be able to repay.

As my avatar shows, I still have this '56 Chevy I have to finish before I die. Got a little more welding to finish flat firewall, then start installing hard parts.

Just bought a '70 Corvette that is a ROCKET! 454 bored out to 468 that boils the hides at the drop of your foot.

Cutting trees out back for winter wood that I couldn't do before. Burning in patio fire pit almost every night that I couldn't do before except on days off.

Spending lots of time with my son and his new baby boy, my first biological grandbaby (got 7 more by marriage).

Gonna do lunch w/wife today as well as yesterday. Couldn't do that before.

Drink myself into oblivion whenever I feel like it without worrying about screen when I walk in to punch in.

AND, the best benefit of all......I GET THE SATISFACTION OF PERSONALLY SWITCHING THE CHANNEL WHENEVER "The View" COMES ON!!!!

Thanks for asking and remembering.

Race