Well, I'm permanent now

bste11

King of UPS
I don't know how UPS is in your states, but here, it's not exactly a hot career. They beg to keep people, and I know a few people that miss 1 or 2 days a week religiously that don't get fired. We are understaffed as it is.

sdf6hr2

I don't know how UPS is in your states, but here, it's not exactly a hot career. They beg to keep people....

over the past 15 yrs., that has been the attitude in louisville too.

ups is your sarter job until your uncle, cousin, grandfather, etc. can get you on at one of the two ford plants.

i betting alot of people who could have been friend/t even the in air dist. (this is about a 13 yr. ride) are considering ford buyouts or rolling the dice and staying on.

i sleep very well during the day knowing my "career" is going to be here a while. i wonder how many ford employees can say that without lying.....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS is one of the premier jobs in my area, along with jobs at the local hospital, college and the state power company. Granted there is turnover in the PT ranks, due to the low pay in relation to the work, but there is little or no turnover in the FT ranks, other than retirement. If I had a nickel for every time I was asked if we were hiring I would have filled 2 piggy banks and be working on my 3rd.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
BS

You have to make sure that this is the job for you. You are seasonal and have only put in a fraction that any veteran poster has done. I am going on my 14th year, which includes a stint in management. I have a right to vent about UPS, not someone that has been here for 2 weeks.

You want to come on here and talk like you are underpaid and worth more than you get. Good Luck with that. Pay your dues like everyone else and swallow the pill. I have no regrets about my time at the company. You need to understand, that your checks don't come on a silver platter.

IT"S CALLED BLUE COLLAR WORK

Learn it or go back on the unemployment line. If you are lucky enough to be hired than God Bless.

chev

Nightcrawler
I don't know how UPS is in your states, but here, it's not exactly a hot career. They beg to keep people, and I know a few people that miss 1 or 2 days a week religiously that don't get fired. We are understaffed as it is.
Yeah, they beg part timers to stay, not full timers. Part timers don't start off making much, and most don't stay around long enough to make it through progression. Full timers get paid too well. We make a damn good blue collar wage. You have a lot to learn about U.P.S.

bste11

King of UPS
One guy I was working with who misses days ALL THE TIME says his Supervisor calls him almost every night before work, and he always thinks he's firing him, but he's just calling to convince him to come in.

UPSNewbie

Next month, your center will be overstaffed.:wink2:

bste11

King of UPS
Do you guys really think that was funny? Really? If you do, I'm sorry. Maybe it's the fact you guys are old and I am 20, but still, that just was not funny at all. Better luck next time.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetheupsguy
He's the "King" alright. He's walKing, talKing, and come January, he'll be looKing for another job. Let's hear it for the King!:clap:

Do you guys really think that was funny? Really? If you do, I'm sorry. Maybe it's the fact you guys are old and I am 20, but still, that just was not funny at all. Better luck next time.

Nah...that was pretty funny. :funny: