Well, I've been with UPS for 1 month now...

JonL

Hey folks,

It has been about a month now working for UPS as a package handler and I must say that the job really is turning into a breeze.

I like it...

:)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey folks,

It has been about a month now working for UPS as a package handler and I must say that the job really is turning into a breeze.

I like it...

We will check in with you in a year or so and see if the breeze is still gentle or if has turned in to a gale, that is if the economy has turned around and you are still with us.

sx2700

Banned
Hey folks,

I like it...

That's because you don't know any better yet. If your center is like mine then they don't dare do anything to piss you off just to keep half a sort going. Once vacations are over and there a so many people around they are stumbling over each other you will change your tune in a hurry.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
I see all the positive UPSers jumped to your demise!
Don't let them fool you...they love it here too!

Keep up the great attitude~~! and hard work!

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
Just curious, do you have a T-shirt that you wear to work that has your signature quote on it? (Relax, I'm just having fun.)

ups-logo7.gif

Emulate your leaders.
Be patient and tolerant.
And see good in everything.
Jim Kelly, UPS Chairman and CEO, 2001
I have to wear a collar, can't wear a t-shirt so this is on my pocket...lol

Mike Hawk

ups-logo7.gif

Emulate your leaders.
Be patient and tolerant.
And see good in everything.
Jim Kelly, UPS Chairman and CEO, 2001

I have to wear a collar, can't wear a t-shirt so this is on my pocket...lol
I wish I could emulate my leaders and sit in the office all day.

Storm723

Preload Supervisor
OH GOSH....Trust me sunshine...I am out in the heat just like everyone else...and soooo freakin jealous every time I feel the AC in the office!

Speaking of...a couple of my loaders wanted water today...that we have passed out in the past "when it was hot" (although, I guess when you are sitting in AC you don't realize just how HOT it is)

Anyway, we had some in the office and my mgr was like heeming and hawing about giving it up...and I was thinking...WHAT? So I bought the water from the machine out of my own pocket for my peeps!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Why would I want to emulate my leaders? I don't really want to be a complete A-hole with no common sense.

There's one sup, he's a kid maybe 22 (arent they all)....well he carries the same exact demeanor as the full-time sup. walks slow, pot belly sticking out, kind of an arrogant walk ...it's funny and sad simultaneously, but I see how UPS emulates their leaders (in this case a p/t sup deluded into thinking he's a big shot making real money). :whiteflag:

H

hseofpayne

Hey folks,

I like it...

You must be handling a small pkg!:wink2: Just kidding, keep your positive attitude as long as you can, the ole timers enjoy watching newbies fall back down to earth! Good Luck

JonL

Payne,

Trust me, I'm not flying high.

$20 an hour, full time, like the guys that I work side-by-side with, is flying high!