Well my first day alone on the road was ...a disaster

B

bowflex

Looks like tomorrow will be my first day in severe weather conditions. Tight one way streets with cars parked on both sides is bad enough. Now add plowed roads and im sure I won't be able to drive down a few streets. Add The fact it's peak doesnt sound for a good day.

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

Marne Vet

When in doubt, walk them off. Don't get yourself in a situation where you can slide into a parked car, or stuck. Don't worry about getting done tomorrow. I've been through blizzards where we brought back full trucks at lunch because the conditions were too bad to continue in. My Center had 7 accidents alone in one day back in 2010. Be safe, and worry about your safety and only your safety. Not delivering packages. If you can get them delivered, cool, but if not who cares. Safety first.

barnyard

KTM rider
Also, if there is enough room on the street to go down and you go down, but do not find a parking spot, block the street and walk off the package. If you try and leave a little room, some doofus is going to squeeze by, scraping the side and you will be charged with a hit while parked.

brown metal coffin

Each day will get easier as far as getting acclimated that is. Try not to look as the truck as a whole and go section by section and stop by stop. If just stare at the whole truck you can get overwhelmed fast and want to sit under the shelf and suck your thumb till someone comes to get you. Been there! Also getting the bulk off and cleaning out the aisle is key.