well..

Glorifiedpackmule

so Day, are you regretting going from Brown to Purple? just curious... if you were doing that many SPORH, you would have made way more than $16/hour on the HD side (but of course no bennies)

I had no choice. I had a parent with health problems. Had to move to be closer to them. UPS only transfers employees If you can prove your enrolled in school. I've got kids and a wife so the health insurance at Express made it more appealing to me for my circumstances. UPS was by far a better place to work, we got treated like crap but nothing like it is here at Express.

sorry to bump this old thread but i have some updates.
i started my courier position last week tuesday. so far i have been mainly package handling. i have only ridden with a courier 1 time. then my manager rode with me once on an overflow thing to cover a couple stops for someone. then today, this guy i was in courier school with and i did a big bulk stop and that was it. still dont know what route im going to get or when im going to get it.
another thing...sure they taught us how to 'load our trucks' in courier school, but, i have no freaking clue how to load the truck...all i have been doing is offloading containers in the morning. i havent been able to get on the belt near the trucks to get mentored on how to load a truck properly.
basically i havent learned much of anything except what i did on the 2 times i actually did the deliveries.
as we all know, communication within fedex is..well..****. so you know whatever. i dont know where im going with this anymore so ill leave it at that.
all replys are welcome. thanks

Ghostwriter

wow thanks guys! ha wtf have i gotten myself into.
ah well, still looking forward to it.
somewhat used to covering my A already working for fed but sounds like ill need to be doing a lot more of it. lol.
thanks again!

I hate to be the courier of bad news, please advised you will work hard up to and on holidays, be prepared to sacrifice family time, and live your life to fit the "per station needs" agenda. My best advise is to (if you are married) protect your marriage. Good Luck.
ghost.

I've lurked here for a while and seeing this thread made me finally sign up. I'm also a crr in Jax and there's a 50/50 shot its at your new station haha.

Speaking only for my station.... you'll get the training you need once you finish school. You'll probably end up working the am sort (offload) then running a PO baseline route after you complete school.

For the most part the management here are good guys and will look out for you. They will not send you out to crash and burn. At least at first haha.

Feel free to message me if you like.