We're buying a house.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Update* We still haven't moved into the new house as of yet. We have finally completed all of the hoop jumping (I think) and are awaiting word from the bank on a new closing date. My Father-in-Law says we should hear something by Friday. So much for being able to move while I'm on vacation. I'll keep you guys posted when I get more info.

brownrodster

House has been sitting vacant for 2 years, as they were asking quite a bit. We're buying it for $120k, as is. .

WOW. With your income you should be able to put half down on that! A home such as that would be 250-300k in my town. 1 bedroom Condo's go for more than 120k here. If there were 120k houses here I'd be buying them up and renting them out. With your 80k a year UPS income why have you waited so long to buy a house? Your mortgage will be lower than most rents in my neck of the woods.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
WOW. With your income you should be able to put half down on that! A home such as that would be 250-300k in my town. 1 bedroom Condo's go for more than 120k here. If there were 120k houses here I'd be buying them up and renting them out. With your 80k a year UPS income why have you waited so long to buy a house? Your mortgage will be lower than most rents in my neck of the woods.
Where do i even begin?
A: I suck with money.
B: I don't have the best credit.
C: I have 5 children, 1 wife and 3 dogs that get a cut of that [-]80k[/-] 66k
D: Did I mention that I was out on comp for over 2 years and had to play catch up on the bills?
E: Did I mention that I sucked with money?:sad-little:

All that being said, we're finally digging out of the hole we put ourselves into, without filing bankruptcy, which I think is commendable in this day and age.

The housing market here must be a big secret. There are houses here for cheaper than this up to the mid 100k range. Just do a search on your computer of the Treasure Coast of Florida.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Once you move in, remember that you don't need to do everything the first year. Take things one project at a time as they are affordable. Don't go get a Lowe's card and then max it out to put new cupboards in for example. Plan a project, save for it then do it. when that's done plan the next. Just my opinion.

DS

Fenderbender
I did a search and we would be RICH if we could move there!!!
our shack would sell for about $250k here and we could get a place there for $150k...oh to dream

P

pickup

Where do i even begin?
A: I suck with money.
B: I don't have the best credit.
C: I have 5 children, 1 wife and 3 dogs that get a cut of that [-]80k[/-] 66k
D: Did I mention that I was out on comp for over 2 years and had to play catch up on the bills?
E: Did I mention that I sucked with money?:sad-little:

All that being said, we're finally digging out of the hole we put ourselves into, without filing bankruptcy, which I think is commendable in this day and age.

The housing market here must be a big secret. There are houses here for cheaper than this up to the mid 100k range. Just do a search on your computer of the Treasure Coast of Florida.

The big secret were all those loans given by banks who had no business giving them to people who had no business taking them.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Once you move in, remember that you don't need to do everything the first year. Take things one project at a time as they are affordable. Don't go get a Lowe's card and then max it out to put new cupboards in for example. Plan a project, save for it then do it. when that's done plan the next. Just my opinion.
Thanks again for the good advice.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Apparently in this housing market, where houses are cheaper than dirt, one has to have darn good credit in order to get approved for a mortgage. We are currently still being scrutinized and the process has become tiresome. I equate this process to playing Twister, running an obstacle course and then waiting in limbo. I'm glad I found the right photo. I'm bending over just like this awaiting the next anal probe.:biting:
2716812103_842bf59f54.jpg

M

Mike23

Apparently in this housing market, where houses are cheaper than dirt, one has to have darn good credit in order to get approved for a mortgage. We are currently still being scrutinized and the process has become tiresome. I equate this process to playing Twister, running an obstacle course and then waiting in limbo. I'm glad I found the right photo. I'm bending over just like this awaiting the next anal probe.:biting:
2716812103_842bf59f54.jpg

So what you're REALLY saying is it's like coming to work everyday? :biting:

Next? Meaning you`re starting to enjoy them?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The probing and waiting is over. We have been turned down for the mortgage on the house. So much for that. I guess we're gonna be stuck as renters. Whatever!:happy2:

fethrs

Now that makes me wonder about my situation, my credit rocks but the "old man's" sucks, I guess the house I like it out of the question too.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Now that makes me wonder about my situation, my credit rocks but the "old man's" sucks, I guess the house I like it out of the question too.
It was more than that, fethrs, but that was the bottom line. I was buying the house alone, as the wife's credit is even worse than mine. You'll probably be okay if you buy on your own, but include him on the title so he doesn't feel slighted. JMHO, as always.

fethrs

It was more than that, fethrs, but that was the bottom line. I was buying the house alone, as the wife's credit is even worse than mine. You'll probably be okay if you buy on your own, but include him on the title so he doesn't feel slighted. JMHO, as always.
If he feels slighted so be it, he ruined his credit, and I ain't payin' for it. That's how I feel.

Again, I am sorry about the house, it took me a few years to fix my credit, but I did it, and you can too.