WE'RE NOT READY!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

ORION only called for 70 cars. Once those 70 filled up, they cut off loading.

Rolled 4 trailers.

I don't know when corporate is going to cut their losses and get rid of this good for nothing ORION.

Target went into Canada and built stores. Spent $2B. Realized it was not working. Pulled out and cut their losses. UPS needs to follow their example.

You want UPS to pull out of Canada?

AllOnTheHorses

Reminds me of RoundUp. It kills by increasing growth.. so much so that the plant dies. it can't sustain itself.
Ups really needs to learn how to be nimble.. maybe instead of trimming man-hours it needs to invest in more trucks and more people, more facilities, instead of cramming it all into the bottleneck.
So after such a crappy day, I wonder how many boxes used to have square corners.. and are now round.. or are late/missed.
That is called "the myth of profit before actual service"

Ms.PacMan

We're not the only ones.

The USPS has already thrown in towel using casuals to deliver parcels on Sunday and is begging regular carriers to work OT.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Reminds me of RoundUp. It kills by increasing growth.. so much so that the plant dies. it can't sustain itself.
Ups really needs to learn how to be nimble.. maybe instead of trimming man-hours it needs to invest in more trucks and more people, more facilities, instead of cramming it all into the bottleneck.
So after such a crappy day, I wonder how many boxes used to have square corners.. and are now round.. or are late/missed.
That is called "the myth of profit before actual service"
But there's more and more round up resistant weeds every day...

AllOnTheHorses

Our Fedex Ground/HD terminal seems to be handling things well so far....

Our local Fedex ground sometimes handles up to 30,000 (per day) pkgs close to peak.. but my Ups building often has at least that many to go at the morning's halfway break. Huge difference.. 60,000 or 70,000 in a day.. but I do wonder how things would be for us if our air and ground were divided. Can't imagine that happening.. just theoretical question.
What does Fedex do with a bulk stop of air and ground? Is it combined?

btw - our local Fedex is adding on to their facility; something we need to do desperately at Ups.

Last edited:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
This peak is all about the shareholders not the customers or employees. Told you guys months ago get ready for hell and will continue this way all the way through. They have to make up for what they lost last peak lol. 4 or 5 billion dollar profit for a quarter just aint enough lol.

novadriver

maxresdefault.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
Clocked out 915, found myself wanting to fall asleep driving home... 2 more days to go..

REALLY dangerous... I caught my wife doing that when she was driving back from Texas one time. I grabbed the steering wheel just in time before we hit the ditch. Now at the first sign of getting drowsy we pull over and switch drivers.

S

selfcancelsignal

Who else loves being out between 8-9pm running stuff you couldn't find in your Ray Charles load earlier + misloads, & not seeing FX, FXG, FXHD, the post office, or any other delivery service (besides pizza) out delivering anywhere? Disheartening & asinine! It needs to change, but how?

35years

Gravy route
Ground and Express are completely separate operating companies... they share a name and a website that's about it... the packages never co-mingle, unless sitting on someones doorstep... ;)
Yes,
And Fed-Ex ground has been leaving packages in the bldg all the way back to when it was RPS. I remember talking to the RPS guy in the 1990s. At the time I could not believe a company could be so mismanaged...They were leaving stops in the bldg every day because of under-staffing! Imagine that!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Gotta conserve energy for the long days to come

Ups could just hire some more drivers seeing as profits are high despite revenue being down but it is much easier to blame it on hourlies
Plenty of drivers in my building. The issue is there is nowhere to load trucks now.

Nobody saw this level of volume coming.