WE'RE NOT READY!!

Overpaid Union Thug

Yeah there was all this talk of "working closely" with shippers to better project volume. But it all funnels down to how many boots you have on the ground. They resolved to only hire X amount of drivers but even if the "projections" we're double what they expected, they still only have X amount of drivers to disperse the work to.
We are running the same routes from last year. Volume typically goes up every year.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
This is the heaviest week after Thanksgiving i have ever seen .We saw volume in our building that we dont normally see until December 22

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Until Atlanta has people that have actually been a package car driver,nothing will change. Looking at numbers on a monitor means nothing until you have dug through the back of a "cubed out" package car to find the last two pieces of a shipment or looking for an address at 20:30 on a back road 25 miles from the center because numbers on a mailbox are nowhere to be found.

The only answer for the UPS problem is more,newer and better equipment and more bodies.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Until Atlanta has people that have actually been a package car driver,nothing will change. Looking at numbers on a monitor means nothing until you have dug through the back of a "cubed out" package car to find the last two pieces of a shipment or looking for an address at 20:30 on a back road 25 miles from the center because numbers on a mailbox are nowhere to be found.

The only answer for the UPS problem is more,newer and better equipment and more bodies.
We have a better chance of winning the lotto than that happening lol.

Or just get us out of the building earlier. Quit worrying about stupid numbers. Stops per hour and worry about the cost per package to deliver.

BTW our CEO was a package cat driver in a small center.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Or just get us out of the building earlier. Quit worrying about stupid numbers. Stops per hour and worry about the cost per package to deliver.

BTW our CEO was a package cat driver in a small center.
I did not see that in his bio. I know he worked for UPS as a package handler originally,but I guess I missed the time he was a driver.

JL 0513

UPS is having a very hard time getting driver helpers. People just don't want to come on for $11/hr for a month. If UPS wants to be prepared for peak, they gotta pay more for the temp help. Also can find temp drivers in needed quantities. Of course, this is just one facet of this debacle.

Sucks running a business one way for 11 months an another for one.

AllOnTheHorses

Sucks running a business one way for 11 months an another for one.

How many years have they been doing this? and did they really not see internet sales as a major impact?

I loaded for a long time before going to drive. The entire time I have been amazed at the lack of organizational memory. it's almost like every week they say, "okay, how do we do this?".. and then surprise them with peak.

underworked1

So instead of helping fix the problem, you increase the problem by moving slower? Makes sense.
Most drivers lack a good work ethic. At least the ones I've been around that have only worked at ups. They'd rather brag how they are sticking it to the man, instead of having enough integrity to do what they are paid to. It's just not in my blood to lay down on the job, I always put in an honest days work.

underworked1

REALLY dangerous... I caught my wife doing that when she was driving back from Texas one time. I grabbed the steering wheel just in time before we hit the ditch. Now at the first sign of getting drowsy we pull over and switch drivers.
Not supposed to let my helper drive am I?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Not supposed to let my helper drive am I?
image.jpg