Western Conference: Emails and Text Messages Are Going Around!

A

anonymous6

Retirees on the West Coast currently pay $50/month for their healthcare. With the current TA they will see that jump to $300/month by the third year. On top of that, if the Western Conference does not create a Western States/Conference Health Fund it defaults and automatically gets put into the Central States Health & Welfare Fund. It looks unlikely that in such short time a Western Conference Heath Fund can be created in such short time.

The Western Conference Committee last week informed hall that they were not happy with the TA. There off course was disagreement, and its leaked out from several business representatives from several locals that there is a huge possibility the Western Conference will not accept the TA and promote a NO vote.

hall number I provided at the top of this thread was passed to me by a 30+ year, shop steward in feeder who received the number directly from our business agent.

the Western Conference has the strongest pension plan in the country. if they don't like the TA , that should tell everyone a lot.

balland chain

the Western Conference has the strongest pension plan in the country. if they don't like the TA , that should tell everyone a lot.
I will never understand why one region gets better benefits than another region.. We all do the same job (package dr. feeders) for UPS, yet down south we have been stuck with this 250 for a single person and 400 or 500 bucks for a married couple when you retire.. Why in the hell is that ?? The healthcare and pensions should be uniform company wide for all hourlies.. This union on the southeast sucks for letting this get way out of control and we have been getting the lowest pension per month with the highest healthcare per month.. Just does not make sense !

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I will never understand why one region gets better benefits than another region.. We all do the same job (package dr. feeders) for UPS, yet down south we have been stuck with this 250 for a single person and 400 or 500 bucks for a married couple when you retire.. Why in the hell is that ?? The healthcare and pensions should be uniform company wide for all hourlies.. This union on the southeast sucks for letting this get way out of control and we have been getting the lowest pension per month with the highest healthcare per month.. Just does not make sense !

do you think it has ANYTHING to do with the south being a rtw region and having some of the lowest minimum wage numbers in the country? I know were talking about union here but could said reasons even indirectly affect pension and retirement?

brostalss

UPS's last offer of $20 single $40 you plus one and $60 for family is sounding a lot better now isn't it? That is still a whole lot better than most. SAG is about the only union that has about the same level of insurance as we do.

Most likely us folks on the left coast will be given options for health care. No premiums you get HMOh NO! A mid grade package with strings and our current Blue Cross with weekly premiums.

Get used to it people. We are going to have to start paying premiums soon. Just work an extra hour each week. You should be more concerned about our pension contributions. Which UPS stepped it up for us. I'm hoping to be making about the same if not more when I retire.

CaptainObvious

Does anyone know what recent retirees from wct plans are collecting per month after 30 years??

Between 4,000-4,500 from info i've gotten from drivers who are at 30+ years. Approximate figures based on if those where all full time years or part time and full time years

Evil

In the Western Conference you have to reach the Golden 80, which is a combination of your age and years in. I don't know of anyone who has received $4,000 at 80 years in the Western Conference. I do know of someone that retired at Golden 85, meaning he went over 30 years and his getting just over $3500.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Between 4,000-4,500 from info i've gotten from drivers who are at 30+ years. Approximate figures based on if those where all full time years or part time and full time years

Thanks captain...that's the nice thing about this plan part time years do count for retirement, unlike some of the other plans which sound like some folks will be collecting 2 checks and pt years don't count worth shlt, unless your central states then full time years don't count worth shlt! This is a note to anyone in west coast pension...double shifting and air driving will help you out later on when you are adding up all of your pension hours....call them and ask for a printout of all of your hours per year since you've been working in teamster jobs. If you had air driving or other hours during part time years they should show on said paper from pension office...all those hours will count up to 2080....even if you are pt. I suggest everyone look into it not just 6 months out from retirement.

CaptainObvious

I don't know of anyone who has received $4,000 at 80 years in the Western Conference. I do know of someone that retired at Golden 85, meaning he went over 30 years and his getting just over $3500.

He didn't ask about PEER 80. The question was asked about someone who has 30 years of service. Refer to Brownboxmans post and you will see those numbers are pretty close. Or you can see it here as well. http://www.tdu.org/files/UPS-Pension-Comparison.pdf
It's from TDU so it has to be true!!!;)

CaptainObvious

This is a note to anyone in west coast pension...double shifting and air driving will help you out later on when you are adding up all of your pension hours....call them and ask for a printout of all of your hours per year since you've been working in teamster jobs. If you had air driving or other hours during part time years they should show on said paper from pension office...all those hours will count up to 2080....even if you are pt. I suggest everyone look into it not just 6 months out from retirement.

Excellent Advice Right There!!!

balland chain

do you think it has ANYTHING to do with the south being a rtw region and having some of the lowest minimum wage numbers in the country? I know were talking about union here but could said reasons even indirectly affect pension and retirement?
It could possible have something to do with the right to work states, however, WE are in a union and do pay union dues (most of us). But getting the lowest pension for the SAME work that others do is not right, along with high health care for retirees?? That is getting screwed twice..Why punish the union members? Give the non union members a lower pension, not us..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It could possible have something to do with the right to work states, however, WE are in a union and do pay union dues (most of us). But getting the lowest pension for the SAME work that others do is not right, along with high health care for retirees?? That is getting screwed twice..Why punish the union members? Give the non union members a lower pension, not us..

I find it very interesting how most of the right to work states are not friendly to unions or democrats, including the individual people living in these states....and it seems to run the whole scale of wage earners. Why the hell wouldn't someone who is making friend'ing minimum wage with limited benefits have a problem with an organization which helps the average worker earn more for their family and help secure a future. Many of these folks are in the south where the wages are some of the worst in the country...please help me understand this?

quamba 638

I find it very interesting how most of the right to work states are not friendly to unions or democrats, including the individual people living in these states....and it seems to run the whole scale of wage earners. Why the hell wouldn't someone who is making friend'ing minimum wage with limited benefits have a problem with an organization which helps the average worker earn more for their family and help secure a future. Many of these folks are in the south where the wages are some of the worst in the country...please help me understand this?

Guys like orly. They think we would still have a pension and insurance if it weren't for the union. Just ungrateful guys looking for handouts

upsman2940

Yes it sucks living here in the south and being a union member fighting for the ones that don't pay dues!! Our taxes are low and living costs are much lower than most of the states you refer to!!
There is a reason all these northerners move to the south. The more of them we get.... The higher the taxes get. Firefighter, teachers policeman, etc dont make a lot of money!! The fact is they don't have a problem filling the jobs!
It's a different way of life! When I retire I won't have to move to be able afford living! It's funny the more the public sector unions get the higher the taxes. Then wage earners start leaving and the taxes continue to rise on the workers that are left. Why do you think Obama hates those that move to suburbs. Cities like Detroit, Flint and etc are the armpits of America!! Yet the are union strongholds....not anymore. We are a union that negotiates a contract with a company, but the costs aren't shoved down the throats of everyone. People have a choice who they ship with.... The unions that hold their communities hostage will only destroy their communities!!