Western Conference Pension Trust Didn't Make Dec. Payments

upsrogue

It looks like the WCT Pension Trust didn't make payments today. When you call there is a long message followed by "due to excessive call volume none of our customer service representatives are available please call back later". Is this a WCT issue or Prudential?

Coobie

we called again yesterday and it said that it will go out between the 15th and 31st. when we first called it said the 1st... someone messed up...

jetcat

I also did not get paid today .... very first time EVER since retirement in 2009. I did manage to talk to a live human up in the Washington ( Wash. State , not Wash DC ) office .... who told me : " we are aware that Prudential is having technical issues with the auto-payment system ... they are working to resolve these issues right away and they expect to make the pension payments as soon as possible ... "

my local union pension office will not answer the phone .... I cannot get through at all. I have one other buddy who I just got off the phone with who also did not get paid today ( same pension fund and also a retired driver like us ) ....

jetcat

honestly guys ... i have a very bad feeling that in truth this is a "tell" that there is a deep banking problem taking place. As in, the bank is probably insolvent ... or dang close. This story is not covered in your Network News on TV ... not a word of it. Alternative news has been on top of it for a long time and has been strongly advising that the smart move is to get ready for major banking trouble. Go get food / water / supplies while you can. But probably not a good idea to tell your neighbors what you have stored-up. Just sayin' ......

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
honestly guys ... i have a very bad feeling that in truth this is a "tell" that there is a deep banking problem taking place. As in, the bank is probably insolvent ... or dang close. This story is not covered in your Network News on TV ... not a word of it. Alternative news has been on top of it for a long time and has been strongly advising that the smart move is to get ready for major banking trouble. Go get food / water / supplies while you can. But probably not a good idea to tell your neighbors what you have stored-up. Just sayin' ......

You ever been over in the tin foil hat thread?

You'd fit right in:cool:

jetcat

Here is another clue about some serious banking problems ... a video just posted this morning from "Jsnip4" on YouTube ... the one he posted today ( Dec 1 ) about 6 million people [ nationwide ] who are late on their car payments right now. If you listen long enough, he will get into other side details that make it clear all the banks we think have strength .... do not .... in fact they are running quite thin .......

big idea

No problem here cashed my check today.Got it in the mail about 4 days ago.I get paper check instead direct deposit. Today is my 10th year anniversery since retierment and never had a problem getting check in mail before the 1st of the month.

jetcat

several hours ago managed to track down a former shop steward who is still very much involved with union happenings and goings-on. He spoke with a key person at the union office early this morning about this problem. He was told that whatever had gone wrong was about to be fixed shortly and we would be back to normal again ...... soooooo ... I checked my account at close of day to find still no pension payment yet ..... maybe we will get lucky and see something tomorrow.

rod

Retired 22 years
Here is another clue about some serious banking problems ... a video just posted this morning from "Jsnip4" on YouTube ... the one he posted today ( Dec 1 ) about 6 million people [ nationwide ] who are late on their car payments right now. If you listen long enough, he will get into other side details that make it clear all the banks we think have strength .... do not .... in fact they are running quite thin .......

Do like I do-------pay cash.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
MIne says it's transmitted already but hasn't hit the bank yet. I'll call tomorrow if it's still not there, but I always leave a buffer just in case, for reasons like this. I guess if it were a Saturday or Sunday no one would have even noticed.

Shiftless

First time in 11.5 years it wasn't on time. Shows its pending in my account one day late. Pretty good record of consistency I'd say!

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Trump's fault

LagunaBrown

Not a peep 2 days after the original post........... I am willing to bet everyone got paid and the panic subsided but C'mon at least a follow up would have been nice. The WCTP is well funded pension and required by law to show the status of the fund on their website.

Funding Status | The Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust

The plan is nowhere near failing and posts like this are very negative in influencing naive people. The real story here is that mail is sometimes late and auto-pay systems have glitches.

Shiftless

Not a peep 2 days after the original post........... I am willing to bet everyone got paid and the panic subsided but C'mon at least a follow up would have been nice. The WCTP is well funded pension and required by law to show the status of the fund on their website.

Funding Status | The Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust

The plan is nowhere near failing and posts like this are very negative in influencing naive people. The real story here is that mail is sometimes late and auto-pay systems have glitches.

I posted I got paid and indicated not a bad track record of 1 hiccup in 11.5 years. MC4YOU2 said he got his also in the same time period. But the sky is falling if you read what gets posted most of the time on here. Iffiin I wanted to whine about my employment with UPS and hear the choir sing in unison it would be on this site!