Western Pennsylvania Supplement Goes Down! (1/24/2014)

Inthegame

I guess the Principal Officer of your local....

Really puts the "Me" in Teamsters. :confused2:

-Bug-
I missing your point mon ami. The PO was obviously being tongue in cheek here, but how do you figure he's being a "Mester" when he's looking out for the members future security in their pension earnings? He's not getting a penny on this deal, he's merely pointing out the unintended consequences of the no vote, which is delaying ratification of the already agreed to NMA.
To be fair, he also suggested billing the IBT for the entire ratification fiasco. Start early in negotiations, spend a small fortune on negotation expenses and then deal with this. Some high officials are fast asleep.

Blackstream

At this rate, I might get my 4 year PT progression raise in addition to the 3 year I got on august 16. I still have no idea how these contractual retro raises will interact with the old union contract raises. I got 50 cents for my last raise, so I could get 20 cents, or I could get a full 70 cents or I don't even know.

But I guess I get to wait a few more months to find out.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
At this rate, I might get my 4 year PT progression raise in addition to the 3 year I got on august 16. I still have no idea how these contractual retro raises will interact with the old union contract raises. I got 50 cents for my last raise, so I could get 20 cents, or I could get a full 70 cents or I don't even know.

But I guess I get to wait a few more months to find out.
Or Western pa could leave their pension fund in the toilet and vote yes....so you, me and every other PTer can get our friggin 70 cents. I don't mind waiting till after the summer.....

south philly

Just because you guys got suckered into voting yes don't be mad we will fight for the whole country do you think in the last year of the contract where they want us to start paying for insurance thats gonna be the end its only the beginning the hell with the raises somebody has to take a stand and I guess it has to be the few of us the rest of you guys got pressured by youre locals to vote yes retirees will be screwed they pay 50 a month on a locked pention they will have to pay 1000 a month eventually you have to look ahead not just for a bull:censored2: raise in the present

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Just because you guys got suckered into voting yes don't be mad we will fight for the whole country do you think in the last year of the contract where they want us to start paying for insurance thats gonna be the end its only the beginning the hell with the raises somebody has to take a stand and I guess it has to be the few of us the rest of you guys got pressured by youre locals to vote yes retirees will be screwed they pay 50 a month on a locked pention they will have to pay 1000 a month eventually you have to look ahead not just for a bull:censored2: raise in the present

Sent using BrownCafe App
Were you referring to my post? If so, I was being sarcastic. I think Western pa should hold out as long as they need to get a fair contract.....I'm in no rush for my retro check.

Last edited:

south philly

Oh im sorry bro I didn't read it right its ridiculous what this company is trying to do because we have crooked union leaders hall and hoffa came to our hall and gave a bull:censored2: speach that we are teamsters and we wont ever pay a dime for health care not now not ever that was his exact quote he didn't say that only in the 5th year we will pay a small amount that is the beginning of the end it will snow ball from there he is a lying piece of :censored2:

Sent using BrownCafe App

south philly

That's what it is man and dont fully blame our members because they're were looking for leadership to help us with the vote and hoffa and hall pressured all the locals to get out the yes vote how backward is that the members didnt like it and instead of supporting the members wishes like a union is supposed to do they do the exact opposite and bs the members to believing it's a good contract so hoffa and hall 2 corrupt prick faces can make there deal with ups so that there 2 families are set for generations to come to hell with the thousands of teamsters and retirees who are getting screwed

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Meanwhile the delux UPS Aetna plan is in force . I have 2 letters at my house The local hospital system (one location a mile from my address) will not accept Aetna.Then comes a letter from Booth Radiology. No go with Aetna. Yeah ! The company plan is so much better . WTF

C

chuchu

Meanwhile the delux UPS Aetna plan is in force . I have 2 letters at my house The local hospital system (one location a mile from my address) will not accept Aetna.Then comes a letter from Booth Radiology. No go with Aetna. Yeah ! The company plan is so much better . WTF
Our "deluxe" hospital benefits are through Blue Cross/ Blue Shield and Aetna for outpatient use. Did you or they submit the wrong card info? It's happened here before. Just curious.