Western Supplement OT/Holidays

Get me a steward

Why does the western supplement have absolutely no language on OT or Forced Holidays or Unscheduled work days like other riders/supplements? Can't figure out if Friday and Saturday are OT or not and noone in the hub or this forum seems to know

Mr.nobody

Friday is OT, but Saturday is confusing because we are off Thursday, which makes Saturday a 5th punch in day not sixth.

It's in your JC or rider. Work performed on holidays shall be compensated at time and a half. So more than likely Friday and Saturday is 1-1/2 for you.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's in your JC or rider. Work performed on holidays shall be compensated at time and a half. So more than likely Friday and Saturday is 1-1/2 for you.

Most likely Friday is time and a half, not necessarily Saturday.

Most supplements do not count a holiday as a punch. Saturday may only be the 5th punch and be paid at straight time.

Most likely Friday is time and a half, not necessarily Saturday.

Most supplements do not count a holiday as a punch. Saturday may only be the 5th punch and be paid at straight time.
I believe the western supplement states a work week is Monday thru Friday or Tuesday thru Saturday. If your work week is mon-fri most likely Saturday is time and a half. No mention of any punches.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I believe the western supplement states a work week is Monday thru Friday or Tuesday thru Saturday. If your work week is mon-fri most likely Saturday is time and a half. No mention of any punches.

Then I would say Saturday defers to the Joint Council 37 Rider. Saturday being a day off outside the standard work week paid at time and a half.

Other areas have different rules, what else is new, but it looks like the Western is time and a half for Saturdays regardless of any days off during the standard work week.

Then I would say Saturday defers to the Joint Council 37 Rider. Saturday being a day off outside the standard work week paid at time and a half.

Other areas have different rules, what else is new, but it looks like the Western is time and a half for Saturdays regardless of any days off during the standard work week.
Look under hours of work/overtime in your JC37

muthatrucka

Why does the western supplement have absolutely no language on OT or Forced Holidays or Unscheduled work days like other riders/supplements? Can't figure out if Friday and Saturday are OT or not and noone in the hub or this forum seems to know
It appears to have disappeared when this new contract was written in all supplements. Good timing for the company huh?! Bad timing for my family life.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Look under hours of work/overtime in your JC37

I'm in the Central. No Joint Council rider. Per the CRSA, 6th day worked is time and a half.

Saturday would only be the 5th day worked, not working on Thanksgiving. Saturday would be straight time.

Any other week where I worked 5 days, and had the hours to work Saturday, it would be time and a half. Not this week with the holiday.