Full Time Driver Transfers (WESTERN conference)

Question, I have been a shop steward for 7 years and yesterday a member asked me why in like California, there is like 15 buildings that you can not transfer too and there is quite a few buildings in other states in the west that don't accept transfer, I had no idea how to anwser his question, put a call into the president of our local but thought I would ask on here too. We are based outta Los Angeles local 396, weird thing is they can transfer to our buildings

By The Book

Question, I have been a shop steward for 7 years and yesterday a member asked me why in like California, there is like 15 buildings that you can not transfer too and there is quite a few buildings in other states in the west that don't accept transfer, I had no idea how to anwser his question, put a call into the president of our local but thought I would ask on here too. We are based outta Los Angeles local 396, weird thing is they can transfer to our buildings
Is this for an educational transfer(part time)? How did you find out all the information you posted here?

By The Book

Fresno,Ca Bakersfield,Ca Visalia,Ca Tilcom, OR there is a total of 15-20 buildings in the west that your not allowed to go to, yet those buildings are allowed to transfer into ours and the other west coast buildings
Did the president of your local get back to you? I think I heard of someone that just transferred to one of the buildings in this post. I don't think this is good information you heard.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Transfers are allowed in the Western Conference for reasons in addition to education.
You can transfer for any reason you want and If the building is large enough they probably have had transfers... One of the most requested centers is in Hawaii... Even though getting a transfer there will never happen

Kamikaze

Because Northern Cali is not part of the western region. They have their own thing going on. Same with parts of Nevada.

rpoz11

Transfer requests come and go around October/November time here.
After they close the transfer request, by around January the transfer list is posted for qualified drivers to buildings available.
I've never heard about buildings that we CANT transfer to; however I've never asked or been asked that question before either.
One thing I will note :
Is that I wonder if every available center is listed to transfer when it becomes available to be added to the list.
Another issue is do they actually honestly and properly disclose every employee and every building request made?
Lastly, the last time I looked at my posted transfer sheets in the office, several pages were missing.

How can we correctly address all of this for coldworld and for everyone else here?

Since you are in 396, try contacting your local office or JC42 and either might be the place to provide this answer.
I will attempt to do the same

Last edited: