We've manipulated the same package!

HubBub

Without going into the math of it all, according to my impaired brain, if you are reading this you and I have probably touched the same package at some point. For the most part, everyone here has probably handled each others packages at one point or another! That's kinda cool maybe. Anyway, touching each others packages is one way to build unity in my opinoin! My cog touches your cog which touches everyone elses cog somerwhere along the line eventually!! One long train we're runnin. That is all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sexual innuendo aside, I would also be curious as to how many employees physically handle each package prior to delivery. Each package unloaded at my center is handled by at least 4 employees (unloader/spa/preloader/driver). Add this to the 4 who handle the same package at the origin hub (driver/unloader/sorter/loader) brings us to 8 and the 3 who handle it at the hub (unloader/sorter/loader) and we are up to 11. Additional stops along the way, if any, simply add to that number.

You can see why the company, and most drivers, dislikes send agains as they add to the cost and damage potential for each undelivered package.

HubBub

Can't think perfectly but the most people touching a package would be between drivers, unloaders, sorters, pickoffs and loaders: 14 at most. Could be wrong though.

anonymous4

Wash your hands after defecation, you dirty ****s. And stop spitting loogies//puking on packages.

bacterial-growth-o.gif

HubBub

15 people at most touching a package by my "fuzzy numbers". drivers, unloaders, sorters "primary/secondary/metro", pickoffs, loaders/preloaders. could be off though.

HubBub

Wash your hands after defecation, you dirty ****s. And stop spitting loogies//puking on packages.

bacterial-growth-o.gif

I DON"T SPIT ON PACKAGES!!! I did have the brilliant idea though for UPS to issue boots with a "UPS" logo on the sole. Since a large percentage of our packages get delivered with a bootprint on them, we could say it's just the official UPS stamp!

HubBub

Touching a package first or last is were the real money is! Well, except for the feeder drivers, they don't touch any packages at all!!! Lucky brosephs!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I am indifferent to send agains.
I don't have any say as the criteria that makes a package a send again.
I treat all boxes the same.
They are all equally worthless to me.

S

serenity now

You can see why the company, and most drivers, dislikes send agains as they add to the cost and damage potential for each undelivered package.

this is my biggest concern with any send again * makes me mad as hell to have a package go through the center grinder one more time and come back in much worse shape * back in the day we could tuck it safely under the 2000 shelf with any other send agains and it would survive the night * about a year ago i had some framed artwork that was signature req. ( no one home ) * the white box was in perfect condition, no footprints, no rips, crisp corners * i called the center and told them i was leaving that box in the satellite truck overnight (i pull a tp-60 ) * they didn't even attempt to argue against that logic

Indecisi0n

I love when drivers tell me "I do anything I can to get rid of send agains". I always ask why? If the customer isn't home that's not my fault. Those same send again die-hards are always the ones getting customer follow ups and complaints.

Without going into the math of it all, according to my impaired brain, if you are reading this you and I have probably touched the same package at some point. For the most part, everyone here has probably handled each others packages at one point or another! That's kinda cool maybe. Anyway, touching each others packages is one way to build unity in my opinoin! My cog touches your cog which touches everyone elses cog somerwhere along the line eventually!! One long train we're runnin. That is all.

bro, this company is built on everyone touching everyone else's package. its unavoidable!!

Can't think perfectly but the most people touching a package would be between drivers, unloaders, sorters, pickoffs and loaders: 14 at most. Could be wrong though.

15 people at most touching a package by my "fuzzy numbers". drivers, unloaders, sorters "primary/secondary/metro", pickoffs, loaders/preloaders. could be off though.
Looking at your posts I'm starting to think we might be related somehow.