what a crock, anyone ever hear of this?????

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Everything I get regardless of service level (never got an Early A.M.) gets here around 4pm - 7 pm.
I am residential in a rural area - nearest business 7 miles.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Check the website. It's always been that way. When you get a 2day AM package in your board, mark it as resi and watch the commit time go away.
Shouldn't we as delivery drivers have this info???????
Should not the customer know?????
Without checking the website, shouldn't shippers alert their customers?? Why do we offer services we cant guarantee??? Why do we allow shippers with worldship to make promises we do not keep on the delivery end?
Most people do not check the website. I believe shippers do not either I guess. Hell I work there and thought I knew what to tell my customers. I guess I dont. I need some training. And I can almost guarantee, if I ask someone who should know, they will not know.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Anyone ever deliver a 2dayAm to resi and get yelled at by the customer for it not being del by 1030? Biggest scam ups has going right now. Things like this should not be allowed to be processed. I mean when you print a label I shouldn't allow it. We should also have a "resi/rural" air and "resi/rural" saver for situations like these. Something that signifies " hey your nda that you paid nda rates for isn't really a nda "
I actually was the one that told my sups resi 2am don't have commits. I accidentally hit the resi/comm button one day and the commit time went away. I was like sweet.

Brownslave688

We do, funny thing is the difference between a 10:30 commit and no commit is a 2 lane road due to the way the zip code falls.

It's 10 miles long east to west. north side, no commit, south side commit. I have to drive further to the far side of the commit side then the near end of the no commit side.

Point is though, the no commit folks pay the same rate as the commit folks while not getting the same service.
I used to deliver to a guy that built racing engines. 10k,20k,30k engines. He often ordered stuff next day air.

The way zip codes ran he had no commit. 2 miles west 10:30 commit. 2 miles east noon commit but a sliver between with no commit. I would always call him if he had air and see how urgent it was. We always worked something out.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you bother to read the link I posted above, the website clearly states under Service Area: "Not Available to Residential Destinations".

Brownslave688

If it's delivered before midnight it's not late. There has never been a time commit on 2DayAM residential parcels.
Some can not seem to grasp this fact.

I think it's more jealousy that while they've been running around nuts to get there by 10:30 we have been chillin and delivering them after dark.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I seldom get 2day AMs on my residential route, I used to deliver them before 10:30. They are loaded with my NDAs and show up as a 10:30 commit time on EDD. Every morning when I pull EDD I go through my commit list and hit residential on my Next Day Savers to take the 15:00 delivery time off. I learned one day by accident when I did that to a 2AM, it fell off the list too.