what a crock, anyone ever hear of this?????

oldngray

nowhere special
Delivery on the second business day by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon to most commercial destinations. Not available to residential destinations. This is from the UPS website. There is no commit for residential not even where you are. Why would there be, it's a commercial service.

Good point. There shouldn't even be any 2nd Day AM's going to residential addresses but of course it does sometimes happen. I wonder if you tag one of those as residential it will downgrade it to a regular 2nd Day package since there shouldn't be a rate for a 2nd Day AM residential.

clean hairy

All I can say is I just went to the UPS Website, create a Shipment.
Sending a box from my Resi Address to a known Resi in another State. 2da came up in the time and calculate cost box with no commit time.
I will stop by the Cust Counter Monday and see what it shows there.

Delivery on the second business day by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon to most commercial destinations. Not available to residential destinations. This is from the UPS website. There is no commit for residential not even where you are. Why would there be, it's a commercial service.
Maybe went the shipper sent them out,they marked as commercial.

clean hairy

With NDA, you are buying the time commit vs ground of sometime the next day fora short distance. I know of one Gentleman who sent a NDA Early AM only 250 miles.
I inquired why, when ground would get it there for much less.
It was Documents for a Court Case, and if they did not have those Documents in Court by 10Am the next morning, they would lose the case.

Just Lurking

Good point. There shouldn't even be any 2nd Day AM's going to residential addresses but of course it does sometimes happen. I wonder if you tag one of those as residential it will downgrade it to a regular 2nd Day package since there shouldn't be a rate for a 2nd Day AM residential.

It will remove the time commit just like NDA savers.

since I've gotten beaten up a little bit on this one. I've got a scenario for everyone.

You get a new center manager who is all about the numbers. He notices you were an hour over yesterday. After looking at your day he realizes you broke 15 miles for a 2am resi that doesn't have a commit. He fires you for stealing time...
If it doesn't have a commit time then the board wouldn't show one. The new center manager needs to fix it. While he's at it, he/she can look at all my addresses and tell me which ones are businesses.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It doesn't matter. Yes it shows in your board as 10:30 but when you DR the package it automatically makes it a resi which means no commit.

We must be desperate for something new to talk about. I know I've only seen 2am resi like 3 times in my whole career.

Brownslave688

If it doesn't have a commit time then the board wouldn't show one. The new center manager needs to fix it. While he's at it, he/she can look at all my addresses and tell me which ones are businesses.
You people are amazing me. All of your savers show commit times for residential addresses in the morning before you mark them as resi.

All drivers should know the difference between a resi and a business.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You people are amazing me. All of your savers show commit times for residential addresses in the morning before you mark them as resi.

You should know on your own route which is which. If I looked at another drivers EDD I would have no idea.

Brownslave688

With NDA, you are buying the time commit vs ground of sometime the next day fora short distance. I know of one Gentleman who sent a NDA Early AM only 250 miles.
I inquired why, when ground would get it there for much less.
It was Documents for a Court Case, and if they did not have those Documents in Court by 10Am the next morning, they would lose the case.
Fax machines still work? Lol

Brownslave688

Um either this thread was split from another, some early posts were deleted, the ignore list has started working on the mobile app or I'm losing my mind because i read the first page and nothing makes sense.
It's amazing how using ignore can make some of these threads make no sense at all.

clean hairy

Not when a Judge wants the original documents, no copies allowed!
After all, do YOU want to make a judge mad at you by not following instructions?

tracker2762

It doesn't matter what the shipper puts it in as. The driver puts in residential or commercial when you stop complete. Every morning I go through my commits to get rid of all my residential savers. When i go to sort my airs and see a 2 day am resi, I mark that as residential and get rid of that too

Brownslave688

Not when a Judge wants the original documents, no copies allowed!
After all, do YOU want to make a judge mad at you by not following instructions?
No I understand stuff needs to be notarized and all that good stuff. Just funny sometimes the amount of money people will spend for nda.

When you do 150 routes you don't remember if Russell Wilson 200 S 2nd St. Renton Wa 98057 is a house or the high school.