What a intersting and dissapointing 2 days.

J

jibbs

I still don't see where my misloads come from. center manager was in the truck and he said everything was perfect. Then when crap hits the fan and the drivers are helping then I think that is where it happens.

That's when I normally have some-- after a sup tells me I can go and other people (drivers and PTers alike) handle the belt.

Then I come in the next day to 4 misloads when the last scan check from the day before showed none prior to my clocking out.

I don't worry about it if I know for a fact I wasn't the only one putting packages in my trucks. I let a sup know whichever :censored2:bag walked into my truck with a box and then I just keep working.

Cyrex

Is she good looking?
Nope. She is pretty big, has very short hair, has piercings and tats, looks like a guy. My understanding is she was far worse then me at preload and gave her a sup job. Now everyone thinks she is the worst sup ever. When the center manager was let go one of the vets said how far down are they going ans walks off saying they fired the wrong person.

Cyrex

That's when I normally have some-- after a sup tells me I can go and other people (drivers and PTers alike) handle the belt.

Then I come in the next day to 4 misloads when the last scan check from the day before showed none prior to my clocking out.

I don't worry about it if I know for a fact I wasn't the only one putting packages in my trucks. I let a sup know whichever :censored2:bag walked into my truck with a box and then I just keep working.

Yea she said they was scanned while I was still working. Well you put me in the most hardest spot there is on the belt and expected me to do better then I was. After the belt is done there is still 50 to 100 packages that need to be loaded. When I leave they are still there being loaded by the drivers and even the drivers admit they misload them some time. Even one of the drivers admit he misloaded his own truck but discovered it before he left. Even if he did not find it he would have passed it to the other driver where they meet at.
When I asked how is that possible you saw me going in and out of my trucks checking constantly. The center manager was in and out looking for them and he said I was doing good and found none. Then you tell me he did but just left them there and not bother to tell me? Sounds like you should be let go as well for letting the company lose money.
I also like how she would load packages in my trucks knowing they would block my path in and out causing safety issues then complains I am not moving fast enough and work unsafe.

The reason are center manager got fired was becaues of performance issues and lying about numbers. 20 misloads almost every and I am getting 0 to 4 and there are 6 loaders. Well I am not doing as bad as some but fact is the vets are saying we are getting to much packages and they refuse to hire help. They have less trucks then me and some times less packages. The drivers are a little upset as well becaues they have to come in and help and not getting any seasonal drivers to help take some of the loads.

J

jibbs

You know what I've noticed? Seems like every PTer that comes on Brown Cafe is in the hardest spot in their hub.

Ever wonder what's up with that?

More on-topic, though, they're gonna stress you out. It's what they do. Just work as directed and let them deal with the consequences of their directions.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You know what I've noticed? Seems like every PTer that comes on Brown Cafe is in the hardest spot in their hub.

More on-topic, though, they're gonna stress you out. It's what they do. Just work as directed and let them deal with the consequences of their directions.
And their spelling and grammar are atrocious.

Re-Raise

I guess it is a good thing I am not in charge, because after reading this guy's endless list of excuses I want to fire him again.

Next opportunity you get at a job, spend more time focusing on what you are being paid to do instead of all the drama you seem to be watching around you.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

that's not entirely true...I never claimed to have the hardest assignment. The guy on the end of my belt is a beast who loads 7 trucks a day...i don't want his job. And somone (the OP) who hasn't even made book yet is in no position to claim what's the most difficult.

J

jibbs

that's not entirely true...I never claimed to have the hardest assignment. The guy on the end of my belt is a beast who loads 7 trucks a day...i don't want his job. And somone (the OP) who hasn't even made book yet is in no position to claim what's the most difficult.

That's where the humor in it lies, BB58. I KNOW difficult pulls, and I also know that I'm on one of the most mediocre pulls in my building.

New hires get put on training pulls (less than 4 trucks) until they learn to swim a little bit, and then once the supervisor gets taken away from them their pull suddenly becomes the heaviest in their building.

jaker

trolling
All I have to say is the new PT don't have a clue what is like to be a loader and have to look on a sheet of paper where to load the PKG at and keep up

Back in the days there was less misloads because loaders had to look at street names and numbers , now they just look at the PAL label and done

PT Car Washer

Not me. I don't work at UPS. Used to. Now I jus show up and do what the boss tell me to do. I don't make as much as you FTers but do pretty well.
There were also fewer stops per car and less volume.
There were less stops per car. The package cars were also a lot smaller. An 800 was as big as it got and 600's were the norm for most routes. I still don't think I ever misloaded a wrong city or worse a wrong state. Management back then knew the preload can make or break a drivers day. Now the management plan is how fast to get the boxes out of the trailers in a package car and down the road. After that it is the centers problem.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
All I have to say is the new PT don't have a clue what is like to be a loader and have to look on a sheet of paper where to load the PKG at and keep up

Back in the days there was less misloads because loaders had to look at street names and numbers , now they just look at the PAL label and done
Agreed...I remember the load chart days....but I also loaded less trucks back then. Volume and bulk is much heavier than it used to be.