What a joke

nextlife

Passed the driving test and physical. Ordered my ups uniform. They told me to wait for a phone call to schedule driving school. Waited a week and half and finally received phone call today from UPS informing me that they are overstaffed and don't need me as a seasonal driver. Really? I've turned down two other jobs in the meantime. This really rubs me the wrong way

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Passed the driving test and physical. Ordered my ups uniform. They told me to wait for a phone call to schedule driving school. Waited a week and half and finally received phone call today from UPS informing me that they are overstaffed and don't need me as a seasonal driver. Really? I've turned down two other jobs in the meantime. This really rubs me the wrong way
I'm sorry to hear that

UPS is known by its employees as not having a caring side when they are in control
They've promised positions and hours to people that they knew wouldn't materialize.
HR always wants someone in their back pocket in case of an emergency. Unfortunately, it's you.
I hope if they call you back in a week, you tell them to shove their job up their :censored2:.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Oops.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Be
Better than going blind or walking around with hairy palms.

nextlife

The UPS gig was seasonal. Why would you turn down other job offers??
In short - I was taking a chance that maybe seasonal would turn into permanent. If after the season I was dropped, I was going to go back to school to earn a degree in elementary education. And I could still work seasons with UPS and make good money

nextlife

In that week and a half.
You were offered employment where you could start immediatly?
One job was with Fedex permanent(check the thread I created here). The other job was managing a restaurant my brother in law opened - I would have had to move for that job. Both positions are now filled.

barnyard

KTM rider
I was taking a chance that maybe seasonal would turn into permanent.
Pretty sure that every single person that has asked that question here has been told that that is a horrible chance to take.

If you are searching about jobs and basing your decisions on those searches, you need to improve your search skills. Significantly.

sox

In short - I was taking a chance that maybe seasonal would turn into permanent. If after the season I was dropped, I was going to go back to school to earn a degree in elementary education. And I could still work seasons with UPS and make good money
Go back and get a teaching job. Math or science are in high demand. My kids teach and have plenty of opportunities to earn extra income coaching, scoring, etc. your body will thank you in 30 years!