What all is involved in your 30 day qualification?

P

pickup

hey fallvitals, the one advantage you got is that you've done it before( although failed) but you would be going into it again forearmed with knowledge. There are a few lines in a billy joel song called "the entertainer" (not the theme from the movie "the sting")

I am the entertainer and I had to pay my price
the things I did not know at first, I learned by doing twice

Maybe this can apply to you.

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
When I was reading I noticed you guys kept talking about lunch. One of my drivers always brings a lunch with him. Do you guys eat in your cars? Or can you eat at restaurants (Fast food or Dining), just parking your package car in the parking lot?

What if the place you want to eat is not on your route? Can you spend company gas to take lunch wherever you want given it's in an agreed mile radius from your work zone area?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I was reading I noticed you guys kept talking about lunch. One of my drivers always brings a lunch with him. Do you guys eat in your cars? Or can you eat at restaurants (Fast food or Dining), just parking your package car in the parking lot?

What if the place you want to eat is not on your route? Can you spend company gas to take lunch wherever you want given it's in an agreed mile radius from your work zone area?

Yes

InTheRed

Within reason. I believe the guideline is like 1 mile off-route, but this is loosely enforced.

Miles in the center are watched. Miles on route can be watched too, if you do anything abnormal. An example is the normal driver does the route and does 52-57 miles per day. You do the same route but like to take lunch somewhere far away, and you do 58 - 65 miles per day. They won't notice at first, but they'll notice eventually.

emmasdad

When I started driving they gave me the garbage truck. My sup rode with me for 3 days, the first of which had 4 hours of work, the second 6, and the third 8 without NDAs. The fourth day I was on my own including NDAs. I had 30 working days to make scratch and I sweated every minute of it, but I made it fine. I busted my butt to do it too. I was a little worried at first because I had seen others from the hub go driving only to return to the hub. It took me 1 year on the garbage truck before they gave me a route of my own. By then it was so easy I could do it in my sleep. My second route took me three months to get down and even it became boring because it was so easy. Either way though Christmas sucked even though I had great helpers.