What all will ups earn and learn pay for?

Broady

Such a different generation they want everything as of yesterday.....for free. I worry for the future
Sorry to say but its not as easy as back then. 40 years ago ups starting wage was in the 6$ range and was one of the best jobs to get. 40 years later and the starting wage finally went up to 10$ with the new contract implemeted two years ago. Can't really blame the people working hard for their money. And to all of you getting angry about me seeing if ups will buy me supplies to help me in my feild for college (laptop) or a bed for my apartment really need to get out. I am glad you are all so rich that if someone was offering you help you wouldn't take it.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Sorry to say but its not as easy as back then. 40 years ago ups starting wage was in the 6$ range and was one of the best jobs to get. 40 years later and the starting wage finally went up to 10$ with the new contract implemeted two years ago. Can't really blame the people working hard for their money. And to all of you getting angry about me seeing if ups will buy me supplies to help me in my feild for college (laptop) or a bed for my apartment really need to get out. I am glad you are all so rich that if someone was offering you help you wouldn't take it.

No one is offering you anything though. You are on here panhandling for luxuries not necessities

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No its not, get off your A* and use computer lab at Library
There are many universities and programs that require a laptop for class, not to mention certain degree programs that require them (engineering, computer science etc.).
Hell, my high school required a laptop.
The times they are a changin grandpa.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
There are many universities and programs that require a laptop for class, not to mention certain degree programs that require them (engineering, computer science etc.).
Hell, my high school required a laptop.
The times they are a changin grandpa.
Was your high school a private school? Because if it was public there is not a way in hell they would require someone to have a laptop. Try again. Junior

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Was your high school a private school? Because if it was public there is not a way in hell they would require someone to have a laptop. Try again. Junior
Yep. And that investment got me an academic scholarship to a private university. But more relevant to the thread, that scholarship did not include the cost of a required laptop for my major.

You really think a kid can make it through college without owning a computer? You're living in the past man.

wayfair

swollen member
Yep. And that investment got me an academic scholarship to a private university. But more relevant to the thread, that scholarship did not include the cost of a required laptop for my major.

You really think a kid can make it through college without owning a computer? You're living in the past man.
age please?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

If you can afford a private school you can afford a laptop. Was never my contention that you didn't need access to a laptop. Key word being access