What all will ups earn and learn pay for?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I think we're in agreement about that.
For the crazy prices they're charging, not having a 24 hour computer lab is ridiculous.... but it is what it is, gotta pay to play.

They even had 24 hour computer labs when grandpa went to school. They were dot matrix and punch cards, but they had them

Nike

Op If ups doesnt ask about any grants or scholarships then dont tellem. Just apply and hope for the best. Whats the worst they gunna say, no?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Op If ups doesnt ask about any grants or scholarships then dont tellem. Just apply and hope for the best. Whats the worst they gunna say, no?

I have never seen the application paperwork but would have to assume that it asks you to disclose any additional grants, scholarships or financial aid that you have qualified for.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Laptops are not that overly expensive now. You don't need a $3500 MacBook Pro to go to college. You can get a simple laptop sometimes even used for $300-400 and it will work for school.

The only issue I see with some young college kids is they want a 100k lifestyle while going to school without paying for it. You don't need a new car, laptop, iPhone etc to be successful at college.

Many people have done far greater with far less.

Broady

You are correct. The only thing you don't have to list is loans/work study.
Pretty much. My first semester I had to submit my entire statement of account with everything that was purchased such as books, courses, fees, and how much my grant paid. I think I am going to call in tomorrow and ask if nobody has any information. One I finish community college my grant and ups assistance won't even cover the cost of college. Hoping I can put this money back for it since I can only receive 2.5 k a semester.

clean hairy

Sorry to say but its not as easy as back then. 40 years ago ups starting wage was in the 6$ range and was one of the best jobs to get. 40 years later and the starting wage finally went up to 10$ with the new contract implemeted two years ago. Can't really blame the people working hard for their money. And to all of you getting angry about me seeing if ups will buy me supplies to help me in my feild for college (laptop) or a bed for my apartment really need to get out. I am glad you are all so rich that if someone was offering you help you wouldn't take it.
You say the new contract was 2 years ago.
This is 2016, the current contract went into effect in 2013.
2016-2013=3. (hint: correct answer is 3 years)
You want UPS to buy you a bed and a laptop? How big a television do you want them to buy for you?
You also want them to buy you season tickets to all the sporting events as well?
Earn and learn is not an all expense paid education!