What are main differences between union and non union benefits?

PT Car Washer

It was an honest question.
BTW how is your dad doing?
Doing fine. I have taken over most of the lawn care which is fine. Gives me an excuse to take the afternoon off from running misloads for me and the dog to visit and take care of things. UpState is right when he says money isn't everything. Reminds me of why I never went FT so I could have the choice of working all day or a half day. Most days I don't even feel like I work at all. Just ride around and drop packages off and visit with people. Life is great. Thanks for asking.

Doing fine. I have taken over most of the lawn care which is fine. Gives me an excuse to take the afternoon off from running misloads for me and the dog to visit and take care of things. UpState is right when he says money isn't everything. Reminds me of why I never went FT so I could have the choice of working all day or a half day. Most days I don't even feel like I work at all. Just ride around and drop packages off and visit with people. Life is great. Thanks for asking.
You sound like a good son

PT Car Washer

You sound like a good son
Never used to be. Just like my son. Sure hope he learns sooner then I did. I was 28 before I decided to join the National Guard for the discipline and structure in my life. Did 22 years and was the best thing in my life I ever did. Besides marrying my wife. The first or second best thing that has ever happened in my life.

dudebro

How long have you been with the company? They have essentially no benefits. They pay for medical and dental. If spouse has job benefits they aren't supposed to be on ups plan. They work 55 minimum hours a week but more like 60 65, only get paid for 40. Most full time supps not center management but the guys above pt management only get a 10k bonus at the end of the year which doesn't make up for the hours or verbal abuse they put up with not to mention lost time at home. A ups manager is an hourly who didn't want to do physical labor or someone who got hurt and had no choice but to go into management.

It's not quite that bad. We pay a SMALL PORTION of the benefits. For me, it's less than 100 bucks a month and 85% of that is before taxes. I had twin boys who spent 7 weeks in the NICU and hardly saw a bill, they may have tallied up over 500k in the hospital, so I'm fine with the tradeoff.
But, yea, we don't get to say the benefits are free, like drivers do, for now.