What are my chances here.

Marne Vet

In some cases depending where she is from you lose you clearance. We had a E7 in ops who who he meat his wife in college. However, she lived in the US years before she went to college. Anyways when he went to renew his clearance they said no and the reason was becaues she was from Moscow.
Go a few years down the road they let him have it again and then few more years offered a MOS for a warrant officer becaues he was only 1 of 2 people in the Army that had what they needed.
It really depends on where the person is from, how the relationship is, whats you position.

I am not going to go into how long I known her and how we meet. If there was a problem she never would have passed the background cheeks. She is from a area that is no know for much. I am able to keep my secret clearance. The people who did he background was given all the information I have on her including all transcripts between us and the same for when I did my clearance again.
The Army when I went there was notified where I would be, when, and how long. Shortly before I left both times I had long brief and upon return had a debrief. How spies operate there, how the mafia operates there, how security works there, don't let them know about you military background, other stuff.
The thing about that is they should know anyways becaues its on you visa question regarding weapons.
Also top it all of every year the unit does training every year about what to look for in espionage, territories, avoid being target, you get the point.

Really there is no need to go nuts over it. Everything has been checked, double checked, cross referenced, things considered, all came up good.

Sorry chap, but no one that's Regular Army is good enough to spot an actual spy. Those classes are a joke. I know the OPSEC drill. You do NOT get the point. The point is, is that some desk riding POG back in Washington thinks that class is good enough to make you as apt as James Bond. It's almost as brilliant as making a Mechanized Infantry unit pull Stand 2 duty in the middle of Iraq. You getting a debrief coming back from Russia, is just like every solider getting a piss test that comes back from Copenhagen. It's a no brainer. Now the Russian Mafia does run that country. Different Mafia's run different parts of the country. An American solider is worth a lot of money, or simply an easy target to rob if they know who you are.

Cyrex

We had a E7 who use to be a O5 (lefts and came back to finish 20 years but no slots). He was a pilot and ranger. Then he switched to intelligence he hated the stuff they was trying to put out.
Anyways he said the mafia will always try going for Americans and give them just 10K to pass it over in the US and they would say do such and such in return. I never dealt with them and tried to stay away from anyone that stuck out. I made my self blend like a resident so I would not stick out. That was not hard to do.
In Moscow just walking around can be a little. Police carrying Ak-47's on the streets, SWAT style police at the train station, military vehicles running about and making stops, soldiers walking around, would hear automatic gun fire in the center of the city. Then you go to SPB fells like normal US city, then you go to southern Russia whole different game from the other 2.

Now about flying I by Army standers I am medically done. This is one of the reason I am getting out. If I cant get my whole digestive system under control they wont wavier it.
We had a case where a guy in my unit had his organs moved around and did not know it. Then one day he just fell to the floor in pain. He was out of the Army for 1 year until it was fixed with a few surgeries.
Mine on the other had they think something is damaged, I has a massive infection, or something else, either way it will require a surgery. I wont know for another month or two.

Marne Vet

We had a E7 who use to be a O5 (lefts and came back to finish 20 years but no slots). He was a pilot and ranger. Then he switched to intelligence he hated the stuff they was trying to put out.
Anyways he said the mafia will always try going for Americans and give them just 10K to pass it over in the US and they would say do such and such in return. I never dealt with them and tried to stay away from anyone that stuck out. I made my self blend like a resident so I would not stick out. That was not hard to do...

hahaha I'm sorry to laugh, but there's no way you were able to blend in. American's stick out like a glow in the dark at an all black orgy. So easy are we to spot, even in local attire, that you can go to any bar and just walk up and ask them what unit they're with. Unless you're a Special Operator, you do indeed stick out more than you realize. Putting on the local attire and style isn't like throwing on a gillie suit. It's not urban camouflage. lol

Cyrex

I am a pretty good actor but operator hahaha no. It really was not that hard. I spent most of my life being a outcast so I spent my time studying people.
The last time I was there I was not in tourist attracted spots. Did that the first time. Mostly everyone I meat thought I was Russia. I once got drunk (I drink rarely drink) and stared singing a lot of people looked at me like I was a drunk Russian I was told I sounded and acted just like one.
While I was there I just acted like I lived there. I bought food, had a apartment to stay every city I was in, went out to eat a few times but mostly made my own food. I had my own Russian registered phone. I knew how to get around each city I was at.
I had different hair and facial hair.
ID wise just had my passport. You are to carry it with you at all time and so are Russian citizen but 50% of them never do. I only had it on me for a few times.
One thing that might have stuck out was when I would do morning runs but only did that in one city. GF told me there is runners out there but they wear different clothing that what I had for that. I fixed that issue by going near the rail tracks with heavy tree cover in the morning so nobody could see me then walk out like I was a worker or lived near the factories and houses there. If you did it at the right time you would just miss everyone and then have 30 min to run round before anyone came back around.

I am not saying I blended in perfectly I did not have full means to do that but I greatly reduced my impact to be singled out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What difference does her Nationality have to do with anything?! A spie? Is this 1980?
This is TOS.
He is the poster child for tolerance on Brown Cafe ... if Brown Cafe can tolerate him, we can tolerate anything.
He prides himself on taking the opposite point of view on things ... as in The Other Side.

Marne Vet

I am a pretty good actor but operator hahaha no. It really was not that hard. I spent most of my life being a outcast so I spent my time studying people.
The last time I was there I was not in tourist attracted spots. Did that the first time. Mostly everyone I meat thought I was Russia. I once got drunk (I drink rarely drink) and stared singing a lot of people looked at me like I was a drunk Russian I was told I sounded and acted just like one.
While I was there I just acted like I lived there. I bought food, had a apartment to stay every city I was in, went out to eat a few times but mostly made my own food. I had my own Russian registered phone. I knew how to get around each city I was at.
I had different hair and facial hair.
ID wise just had my passport. You are to carry it with you at all time and so are Russian citizen but 50% of them never do. I only had it on me for a few times.
One thing that might have stuck out was when I would do morning runs but only did that in one city. GF told me there is runners out there but they wear different clothing that what I had for that. I fixed that issue by going near the rail tracks with heavy tree cover in the morning so nobody could see me then walk out like I was a worker or lived near the factories and houses there. If you did it at the right time you would just miss everyone and then have 30 min to run round before anyone came back around.

I am not saying I blended in perfectly I did not have full means to do that but I greatly reduced my impact to be singled out.
I know you really believed you blended in, but if a guy from New York moves in next to me, and wears the same clothes as me, I still can tell that he's not from around [here]. Ruskies can spot another Ruskie before they even say anything. GI's can spot other GI's. You can grow a beard, change your clothes, but you can't get rid of some very distinct manerisms that are beat into you during Basic, or change your dialect. My first Active Duty station was in West Germany. Being able to spot the person that doesn't belong in the group became a game.

Marne Vet

This is TOS.
He is the poster child for tolerance on Brown Cafe ... if Brown Cafe can tolerate him, we can tolerate anything.
He prides himself on taking the opposite point of view on things ... as in The Other Side.

Yeah, I put him on my Ignore List. That BS he pulled the other day insulting this guy and his fiancé was uncalled for. He adds nothing to a conversation, hence there's no reason to even read his posts anymore. Ever since I discovered that Ignore feature I love this place. List has grown weekly, but always has room for new friends. haha

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I know you really believed you blended in, but if a guy from New York moves in next to me, and wears the same clothes as me, I still can tell that he's not from around [here]. Ruskies can spot another Ruskie before they even say anything. GI's can spot other GI's. You can grow a beard, change your clothes, but you can't get rid of some very distinct manerisms that are beat into you during Basic, or change your dialect. My first Active Duty station was in West Germany. Being able to spot the person that doesn't belong in the group became a game.

True. I was at Olive Garden last week and I said to the guy next to me in the waiting area,"So you active duty now?" He looked shocked and replied,"How did you know I was military?" I responded,"You mean other than you standing at parade rest right now?" He laughed pretty hard and attempted to loosen up.

oldngray

nowhere special
True. I was at Olive Garden last week and I said to the guy next to me in the waiting area,"So you active duty now?" He looked shocked and replied,"How did you know I was military?" I responded,"You mean other than you standing at parade rest right now?" He laughed pretty hard and attempted to loosen up.

It does take a while to get back in the habit of behaving like civilian trash.

brown804

Am I the only one that thinks he should stay clear of ups. This job sucks. Yes we are paid well but if he enjoys driving this is not for him. I work in the Bronx,ny and do about 10 miles a day with more stops every year. I feel like this job is for people that couldn't do any better or make this much money anywhere else. Dude with your experience and all the licenses u have y not look for a trucking company or go into construction. Seeing that you haven't been with your gf on a daily basis I'm sure you would like to start a family with her at some point. You Will Never See Them. I have three kids and from Monday to Friday I kiss my kids in the morning wile they sleep and I kiss them at night wile they sleep. Thank god I have a wife that understands the job. For now. There are a lot of options out there for you dude don't just et stuck on ups. From the outside it seems great. But it's deff not that way