What are some benefits for a P/T Supervisor?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

How about the poor slobs that are hired off the street for PT supervisor. Really have to feel sorry for them. "What contract book?"
We have a PT sup in my building who has been here almost two years. Still has no idea what a grievance, union contract, or seniority is. The even more sad part is the stack of grievances filed on her with still no knowledge what it means.

We have a PT sup in my building who has been here almost two years. Still has no idea what a grievance, union contract, or seniority is. The even more sad part is the stack of grievances filed on her with still no knowledge what it means.
I blame that on FT management. I remember the Twilight manager (now preload manager) taking a PT sup outside for a discussion about grievances being filed on him and how much money this is going to cost him because the PT sup could not follow seniority rules.

smapple

My PT sup makes me laugh, and not in a good way. Weeks ago the PT sup introduced us to the FT sup who wasn't there to meet us but was just walking by. The FT sup looked like he wanted to gtfo but kinda felt like he had to say something so gave a 10 word mediocre motivational sentence "Thanks for coming out and keep up the good work" and left. Haven't seen him since. Still waiting on the PT sup to get back to me about joining the union because I don't want to go over his head yet since I'll be seeing him every day at work.

My PT sup makes me laugh, and not in a good way. Weeks ago the PT sup introduced us to the FT sup who wasn't there to meet us but was just walking by. The FT sup looked like he wanted to gtfo but kinda felt like he had to say something so gave a 10 word mediocre motivational sentence "Thanks for coming out and keep up the good work" and left. Haven't seen him since. Still waiting on the PT sup to get back to me about joining the union because I don't want to go over his head yet since I'll be seeing him every day at work.
The PT sup has nothing to do with you joining the Union. You need to talk to any Union steward or call the hall about joining.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I blame that on FT management. I remember the Twilight manager (now preload manager) taking a PT sup outside for a discussion about grievances being filed on him and how much money this is going to cost him because the PT sup could not follow seniority rules.
Well the sad part is it all has been explained to her. She's just not smart enough to get it.
Still waiting on the PT sup to get back to me about joining the union because I don't want to go over his head yet since I'll be seeing him every day at work.
We have nothing to do with the union besides having to follow the contract. Your sup should have referred you to the union steward.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was her. I had no clue when I was a pt sup. I did what I was told. Other than mgmt on your resume, I can think of no reward of being a pt sup. But then I was only one for 6 yrs.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Other than mgmt on your resume, I can think of no reward of being a pt sup.
I don't mind it. It can be difficult at times. But what keeps me going is knowing if I can handle the crap from big brown, I will be pretty good almost anywhere. Just a college job for me.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Free lube with them I believe

Where do I sign?

giphy.gif