What are some stuff that could get the employees fired?

rocket man

as for a loader i know the following that could get the employee fired

cursing at any supervisor
hit any supervisor
stealing
no work for a week without note n no calls
failed at a drug test.

what elses? so i make sure i don't do it..
is there a list that shows those?
just punch in that sum,s it up

DS

Fenderbender
I'm not sure where you guys work, but I've never heard of drug sniffing dogs in my building. Its kind of laughable. If they were out to get hub employees in trouble for smoking weed they'd eliminate half the workforcee and even most of the supervisors.

That notion is silly.
Man,you almost made me LOL,that about sums up what makes ups tick.
It also explains why ups is different everywhere.They use all local laws to their advantage.
We have dogs and their cops in Toronto now and then,but it seems only when they are alerted.
We had one driver a few years back,that did sherway gardens,a high end mall in west TO,he had 5
joints rolled to get him through the day.He drove a P14...a bowling alley on wheels.I Met him one day for a misload and his truck smelled like a bar in Amsterdam...I told him...you can't do this.You will get caught.
Well he quit after an argument with a sup so ups never knew what he was up to.
The truth is the center manager has the authority to fire you if he doesn't like you .
You will probably get your job back 99%of the time,but I think it's totally unfair,and the center manager should have to go through a process that takes all the facts into consideration before screwing up the lives of you and your wife and kids .Absolute power is way too much control for some number hungry maroon that only cares about looking good on paper.

lookingatyou

Possession of drugs on company property. Once in a blue moon, the feds will bring in a sniffer dog to a hub. You got a bag of weed in your pocket and the dog sits down next to you, you are SOL.
Not at Brush Ave....it's a three ring circus there in regards to drugs and the shame about it s that ups security knows about it and tolerates it.

CRASH501

I've never heard of urinalysis for anyone outside of somebody who had to because of insurance claims purposes, or feeder drivers.
a few years back a brush driver was taken off the road, I believe after a minor accident and drug tested! His urine was CONVENIENTLY LOST. so after sitting home 3-4 weeks awaiting results that never came in he was asked to resubmit a sample. again CONVENIENTLY the sample was now clean. He was paid back pay for sitting home!

CRASH501

I've never heard of urinalysis for anyone outside of somebody who had to because of insurance claims purposes, or feeder drivers.
a few years back a brush driver was taken off the road, I believe after a minor accident and drug tested! His urine was CONVENIENTLY LOST, as the lab that took the sample was also in Brush ave's territory and phone cals were made to call in a favor:nobrainzombis:. so after sitting home 3-4 weeks awaiting results that never came in he was asked to resubmit a sample. again CONVENIENTLY the sample was now clean. He was paid back pay for sitting home!

ups391

Dishonesty, stealing and violence are the 3 automatic terminations. After 3 days no call/no show u can be terminated but it will probably be lessened to a suspension. You can fail a drug test and get rehab. one time.