what are some things youre tired of?

1.) Tired of 11 hour work days
2.) Tired of going back to the bldg 2-3 times a week for bulk that wont fit in the a.m.
3.) Tired of the same ole blah blah blah PCMs
4.) Tired of low seniority guys screwing me out of days off by getting every monday and friday off because management has a "collapsing route" fetish.
5.) Tired of the union sleeping with the enemy.
6.) Tired of horse and pony shows for corporate.
7.) Tired of waiting for the company to enforce their so called "Zero Tolerance" on a certain driver.(and yes,all the proper channels have been followed).
8.) Tired of doing managements job,unloaders job,sorters job,loaders job and sales reps job while only getting paid for mine.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

File 9.5 grievance(s). Hit 'em in their checkbook.

2.) Tired of going back to the bldg 2-3 times a week for bulk that wont fit in the a.m.

Can't help you with this one.

There are only so many things that can be covered in a PCM.

4.) Tired of low seniority guys screwing me out of days off by getting every monday and friday off because management has a "collapsing route" fetish.

You are the only one who can do anything about this. Schedule your days in advance and, if they are denied, bang in. They will get the message.

I hope they are using protection.

?

7.) Tired of waiting for the company to enforce their so called "Zero Tolerance" on a certain driver.(and yes,all the proper channels have been followed).

?

8.) Tired of doing managements job,unloaders job,sorters job,loaders job and sales reps job while only getting paid for mine.

It is your job to take care of the customer and if that involves doing all of the above then so be it. You are paid an above average wage to do your job--stop your whining and do it.

Endless whining!

Whining about too much whining?

I`m tired of the 1 hour drive each way to and from work.......but it was my choice.

I`m tired of working hours that are out of my natural sleep cycle just so I can be around for my wife and kids during their day.......but once again it is my choice.

Doesn`t mean I`m not tired of it though.:)

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm tired of hearing driver's complain about having a $70k/year job and the intricacies involved with such a job. The door swings both ways and there is always someone on the other side waiting to take your spot.

old levi's

blank space
I'm tired of hearing driver's complain about having a $70k/year job and the intricacies involved with such a job. The door swings both ways and there is always someone on the other side waiting to take your spot.

UPS drivers are a lot like sailors; they're only happy when they're bitching.:madashell:

moreluck

golden ticket member

I sure hope everyone thinks that way in 2013.

TUT

That commies infested the U.S. because we are not a nationalistic country but one for sale to the highest bidder, where any group with enough organization can take over control. They allow City/State and Federal to go bankrupt because we cannot raise revenue no matter what, even if it's not always the most popular thing to do, but something to save us for a time being. Their plan is working, in the name of trying to save us a buck (sounds nice) they make us go bankrupt instead as a whole, first their motherland Russia, now the U.S.A. Doesn't anyone else really worry and tire of this? Makes a good movie if not true.

Oh in terms of your jobs, Pink told you... "Welcome to the machine!" long time ago.

browniehound

I hear Mcdonalds is hiring. You're bitching now? Quit and go work for them to support your family of 4. Why does everyone believe life should come easy to themselves? Yes its a tough job and there is no reward in the end except for a nice paycheck. Why do you think you deserve more than that? Ignore everything else and go do your job and provide a nice life for your family. What is the problem? Sounds easy enough to me. You want every day to have 8 hours of work and you do it in 10?

I understand the frustration because I've lived and breathed it, but there comes a time when you have to examine yourself and the situation and make a choice: go on to Mcdonalds and make $7.50/hour or stay at UPS and make $80,000/year with a high school education. If you can't handle the mental bull management throws at you then leave. Just ignore it. Its not that hard. Once you leave that building you're on your own and your own boss. Its great. It beats making a Mc-Double in my opinion.

Our grandfathers grew up during the great depression and would call you the biggest wuss that came down the pike. They struggled to get a cup of soup and an apple and your crying about 11 hour days. They would kill to work 11 hours in 1 month.

Sorry to be harsh, but come on, you need to look at the big picture. Am I wrong?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I hear Mcdonalds is hiring. You're bitching now? Quit and go work for them to support your family of 4. Why does everyone believe life should come easy to themselves? Yes its a tough job and there is no reward in the end except for a nice paycheck. Why do you think you deserve more than that? Ignore everything else and go do your job and provide a nice life for your family. What is the problem? Sounds easy enough to me. You want every day to have 8 hours of work and you do it in 10?

I understand the frustration because I've lived and breathed it, but there comes a time when you have to examine yourself and the situation and make a choice: go on to Mcdonalds and make $7.50/hour or stay at UPS and make $80,000/year with a high school education. If you can't handle the mental bull management throws at you then leave. Just ignore it. Its not that hard. Once you leave that building you're on your own and your own boss. Its great. It beats making a Mc-Double in my opinion.

Our grandfathers grew up during the great depression and would call you the biggest wuss that came down the pike. They struggled to get a cup of soup and an apple and your crying about 11 hour days. They would kill to work 11 hours in 1 month.

Sorry to be harsh, but come on, you need to look at the big picture. Am I wrong?

No you are not wrong or harsh. I agree that sometimes we whine, but who doesnt?
Yes we get paid very well, though we are not all mental midgets with just a high school diploma.
I think that most of us think a company as highly rated as UPS should be a little more employee friendly. I think a little respect, and show of appreciation could go a long way as it used to.
I think we all get tired of being expected to be flawless, while we all try, it is not possible as long as we are human.
And I think we get tired of when we do make a mistake being treated like a second class citizen by this aforementioned highly rated company.
I know all work groups must be managed, but it would be nice if we got treated nice, its not that hard. Walking into a workplace where management is so frazzled by the expectations put on them, throws us out into a world which is sometimes hard to deal with, and much easier if told to do your best, not" quit your whining and get your lazy butt out the door, you get paid a ton to do this and others are waiting in the wings"
Speaking for myself I am trying to get a point across that I may not be able to service all the commercial you put on my truck, and Im not whining, it is just a fact.
I will always try my best, and usually get it done.
I think you could throw all the awards, turkeys, etc out the window, and just say "hey I know its gonna be rough today, we will try to fix it tomorrow." and you would hear a whole lot less whining. If we knew that we would be treated humanely, not just like a tool, and at the end of the day, someone would take some input into how things could be better the next day.
Yes we get paid alot, and no we are not superior, but very few people can stand up to what is expected from us daily, for day after day, month after month, year after year. Sorry I dont think the average burger flinger can do what we do. While there are many that could, I dont think it is the norm.
so I dont think it is totally fair to tell us we should go and work for 7.50 an hour, besides that isnt even the minimum wage for Mickeys anymore, it is more than the starting wage at UPS.
I have worked for 3.00 bucks an hour, so I know what that is like even 25 yrs ago, but I got treated better as a person, working at some fly by night place than I do here. JMHO

I'm tired of female customers ogling me and starring at my crotch. Ive got a ring on and all I talk about is my beautiful wife and kids. Just give it up

old levi's

blank space
I'm tired of female customers ogling me and starring at my crotch. Ive got a ring on and all I talk about is my beautiful wife and kids. Just give it up

I know what you mean. I catch them checking out my little butt when I'm unloading pkgs. from the handtruck and the brown (whatever the hell it is kind of material) stretches tight against my skin. And they don't even try to hide it. Jeez.........