what are some things youre tired of?

DorkHead

Constantly being asked by the driver next to me if I can catch 1 or 2 of his air stops for him. What part of NO does he not understand?

8.) Tired of all you DUDLEY DO-RIGHTS telling me to be thankful for having this job. No,UPS should be thankful for having ME. So what I get paid a decent wage,whats that got to do with all the things that have changed for the worse in the last 5 years? If you really think a decent wage makes up for verbal abuse,not abiding by contracts,excessive overtime to the point your quality and family life are affected and physical injuries that will affect you in your later years then you truly are,as they see it, a dumb truck driver. Save your McDonalds comments too.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

8.) Tired of all you DUDLEY DO-RIGHTS telling me to be thankful for having this job. No,UPS should be thankful for having ME. So what I get paid a decent wage,whats that got to do with all the things that have changed for the worse in the last 5 years? If you really think a decent wage makes up for verbal abuse,not abiding by contracts,excessive overtime to the point your quality and family life are affected and physical injuries that will affect you in your later years then you truly are,as they see it, a dumb truck driver. Save your McDonalds comments too.

Quit--there are at least a hundred willing to fill your spot and you will be forgotten within the week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's really quite simple--if you can't handle this job--quit--there are at least a hundred willing to fill your spot and, yes, you will be forgotten within the week.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Quit--there are at least a hundred willing to fill your spot and you will be forgotten within the week.
See that is part of the problem. I know I would be forgotten and gladly in a day. That does not mean I should leave because a company does not treat us fairly. And we found a place to voice our concern.

See that is part of the problem. I know I would be forgotten and gladly in a day. That does not mean I should leave because a company does not treat us fairly. And we found a place to voice our concern.

At least you understand the jist of the original post. Reguardless of pay scale theres no excuse for the kind of abuse thats going on in this company on a daily basis.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tooner, the difference here is that you don't come on here and whine like a little school girl. You are a single mom--that is the hardest job in the world. You go to work each day, you give 110%, you take care of your customers, and then you go home and take care of your kids.

This is a difference between venting and whining.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is the first job that you have ever had? Are you telling us that this is the worst place that you have ever worked? I worked in a Christmas bulb factory during the summer when I was going to college. We worked 12 hour shifts for minimum wage. Benefits? Yeah, right. It was nothing to see someone fired on the spot. Remember that strike in '97? You were probably still in high school. I worked construction during the strike. 46 of the hardest hours I had ever worked for the grand total of $253. Have you ever tried to do your job while wearing a chemical protection suit in 100+ degree temperatures, performed perimeter security at a C-141 crash site while others looked for body parts or refueled a B-52 in -68F windchill conditions?

Have things changed at UPS? Absolutely and these changes in part are why UPS continues to post record profits. Is the production push necessary? Yes but not to the degree that they are using it. I work in a small center where 9.5 is not just a number---we simply don't go over 9.5. I am not harassed on a daily basis. Our efforts are appreciated---we came to work two days this week to find water and Gatorade waiting for us. We work together to get the job done..

I guess I am being less than kind with you as I cannot fully appreciate the level of harassment and disrespect that you describe as that has not been my experience. For that I apologize. I do not apologize for saying that if you truly cannot handle the heat that you should quit and that there are at least a hundred who would be more than willing to fill your spot and that you would be forgotten within the week.