what are some things youre tired of?

browniehound

No you are not wrong or harsh. I agree that sometimes we whine, but who doesnt?
Yes we get paid very well, though we are not all mental midgets with just a high school diploma.
I think that most of us think a company as highly rated as UPS should be a little more employee friendly. I think a little respect, and show of appreciation could go a long way as it used to.
I think we all get tired of being expected to be flawless, while we all try, it is not possible as long as we are human.
And I think we get tired of when we do make a mistake being treated like a second class citizen by this aforementioned highly rated company.
I know all work groups must be managed, but it would be nice if we got treated nice, its not that hard. Walking into a workplace where management is so frazzled by the expectations put on them, throws us out into a world which is sometimes hard to deal with, and much easier if told to do your best, not" quit your whining and get your lazy butt out the door, you get paid a ton to do this and others are waiting in the wings"
Speaking for myself I am trying to get a point across that I may not be able to service all the commercial you put on my truck, and Im not whining, it is just a fact.
I will always try my best, and usually get it done.
I think you could throw all the awards, turkeys, etc out the window, and just say "hey I know its gonna be rough today, we will try to fix it tomorrow." and you would hear a whole lot less whining. If we knew that we would be treated humanely, not just like a tool, and at the end of the day, someone would take some input into how things could be better the next day.
Yes we get paid alot, and no we are not superior, but very few people can stand up to what is expected from us daily, for day after day, month after month, year after year. Sorry I dont think the average burger flinger can do what we do. While there are many that could, I dont think it is the norm.
so I dont think it is totally fair to tell us we should go and work for 7.50 an hour, besides that isnt even the minimum wage for Mickeys anymore, it is more than the starting wage at UPS.
I have worked for 3.00 bucks an hour, so I know what that is like even 25 yrs ago, but I got treated better as a person, working at some fly by night place than I do here. JMHO

Tooner,
You're right, we all whine and management could be a little nicer. But I've come to accept they simply are not going to be nice or give a pat on the back. Its fine with me because I don't need it. Its they way they are. So I've come to accept that and just ignore them. I never do anything that will cost me my job so its just noise to me. Let them be cruel about petty infractions if they get there kicks off of it, I don't care. I sleep well at night. I wonder if they do because you left your bulk head open once?

BrownArmy

(I'm a cover driver...)

"Hey, you're not XXXXX! (the regular driver)."

You should be a private investigator, you have a knack for finding deep, hidden secrets.

"Where's XXXXX?"

No idea, but my guess is he/she isn't here, as you've already announced.

"When's XXXXX coming back?"

No idea, I'm not sure if they're on vacation, if they banged in, or if they got fired.

"This isn't when XXXXX shows up!"

As has been already established, I'm not XXXXX, and since XXXXX is currently not in play, I'm the guy who is showing up right now, which is when your pickup (due to your pickup time), or your delivery (due to whatever madness management decided to inflict on me since I'm doing the route instead of XXXXX and am dealing with inane add/cuts) is actually occurring at this moment.

"Are you with UPS?"

????

menotyou

bella amicizia
Dish Network really doesn't want you to pick anything up. When people get behind on their bill, Dish sends out the call tags to get them to pay up. They tell them "Pay up or send our equipment back".
That explains why I had a lot of tags with only one pick up.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Dish Network really doesn't want you to pick anything up. When people get behind on their bill, Dish sends out the call tags to get them to pay up. They tell them "Pay up or send our equipment back".

Also, this is the same basic tactic that VISA used to have years ago. They would call Ms. MeNotYou about her past due obligation to them. Ms. MeNotYou would say, "I'll send a check out right away". They would tell her, "Place the check in an envelope and tape it to your front door, UPS will pick it up within the hour". VISA would then place the OCA order with UPS.

I always hated those stops because the customer would get mad at you, like you were some kind of collection agency. I had a woman sick her dog on me one time when I came to pick up her payment envelope.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Also, this is the same basic tactic that VISA used to have years ago. They would call Ms. MeNotYou about her past due obligation to them. Ms. MeNotYou would say, "I'll send a check out right away". They would tell her, "Place the check in an envelope and tape it to your front door, UPS will pick it up within the hour". VISA would then place the OCA order with UPS.I always hated those stops because the customer would get mad at you, like you were some kind of collection agency. I had a woman sick her dog on me one time when I came to pick up her payment envelope.
That stupid 'messenger' thing, again!

Billy Mech

8.) Tired of all you DUDLEY DO-RIGHTS telling me to be thankful for having this job. No,UPS should be thankful for having ME. So what I get paid a decent wage,whats that got to do with all the things that have changed for the worse in the last 5 years? If you really think a decent wage makes up for verbal abuse,not abiding by contracts,excessive overtime to the point your quality and family life are affected and physical injuries that will affect you in your later years then you truly are,as they see it, a dumb truck driver. Save your McDonalds comments too.

I'm a loader I'll switch jobs with you. Unfortunately I see my family all the time.

Returntosender

Working at UPS you either develop thick skin real fast or the system will eat up. I've noticed that once I leave UPS I have hard time turning off the thick skin button. I tired of turning off and on the thick skin button.

j4ck4zz

I'm tired of people saying "oh, this thing is hot" when I hand them the diad to sign.. I would like to tell them "yeah, it's 110 degrees outside, Mr. Wizard!"