what are some things youre tired of?

(I'm a cover driver...)

"Hey, you're not XXXXX! (the regular driver)."

You should be a private investigator, you have a knack for finding deep, hidden secrets.

"Where's XXXXX?"

No idea, but my guess is he/she isn't here, as you've already announced.

"When's XXXXX coming back?"

No idea, I'm not sure if they're on vacation, if they banged in, or if they got fired.

"This isn't when XXXXX shows up!"

As has been already established, I'm not XXXXX, and since XXXXX is currently not in play, I'm the guy who is showing up right now, which is when your pickup (due to your pickup time), or your delivery (due to whatever madness management decided to inflict on me since I'm doing the route instead of XXXXX and am dealing with inane add/cuts) is actually occurring at this moment.

"Are you with UPS?"

????

Very well said Brown Army!!! I'd like to add 1 more that makes me insane....
Teenager answers the door...."Mom FedEx is here for you." REALLY!!!!?

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Yes....You're wrong. You are not looking at the big picture. The big picture is seeing humanity progress to the point where honesty, family and helping others is more important than money or material things. You're just seeing what those in power, those with money, want you to see. And they will do anything, and I mean anything, to keep that vision alive. Because once people decide to stop playing the game, their self-important, wealthy, isolated, seemingly all-powerful lives will quickly unravel like a cheap sweater.
browniehound;860255 said:
I hear Mcdonalds is hiring. You're bitching now? Quit and go work for them to support your family of 4. Why does everyone believe life should come easy to themselves? Yes its a tough job and there is no reward in the end except for a nice paycheck. Why do you think you deserve more than that? Ignore everything else and go do your job and provide a nice life for your family. What is the problem? Sounds easy enough to me. You want every day to have 8 hours of work and you do it in 10?

I understand the frustration because I've lived and breathed it, but there comes a time when you have to examine yourself and the situation and make a choice: go on to Mcdonalds and make $7.50/hour or stay at UPS and make $80,000/year with a high school education. If you can't handle the mental bull management throws at you then leave. Just ignore it. Its not that hard. Once you leave that building you're on your own and your own boss. Its great. It beats making a Mc-Double in my opinion.

Our grandfathers grew up during the great depression and would call you the biggest wuss that came down the pike. They struggled to get a cup of soup and an apple and your crying about 11 hour days. They would kill to work 11 hours in 1 month.

Sorry to be harsh, but come on, you need to look at the big picture. Am I wrong?

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
The long period of economic growth enjoyed by the U.S. after WWII was due to the deep cooperation between the rich and not so rich.

From the battles in Europe and the Pacific came men who had fought, suffered and survived pure hell.....together. In returning to civilian life; some went back to mid-level management jobs, some to the production floors. But from presidents to janitors, all who served shared a deep bond that would last until broken by death.

That exceptional generation has mostly passed...and the gap between people has grown. It hasn't been helped by the incessant march of technology either. Now a CEO looks at his/her workforce and sees an huge expense....not fellow Americans raising familes, working to improve their lives and our country.

Sad that it has taken so many deaths in the Middle Eastern conflicts to start the reversal of this situation. But those who survive can and will enact significant change in the coming years. They not only see America as it is... but as it should be....as it must become.

And the changes they make won't be for money.....but to ensure all those who didn't come back, did not die in vain.