What Are The Advantages Of NOT Retiring When You Can?

oldupsman

I have 21 acres and a big shop, if that isnt enough I will find part time work already receiving offers. I have had some tell me I was too young just looking for opinions, I am 55.
You are not too young boxman. I got out at 55 too with approx. the same numbers you have. Been out 5 years now. Do not have 1 regret.
The no debt part is the key. And I can honestly say, I have not yet had a day when I got bored. I have so much to do I often wonder when did
I ever find time to have a job.

oldngray

nowhere special
I retired last year with 34 years of service. Everyone kept telling me I would be so bored but nobody who every really worked hard all of their life would ever say that. I am loving having the time to do whatever I want and even more so, not have to deal with the daily stress of working at UPS. And everyone has said I am always smiling now.

A

anonymous6

after reading the thread on health care costs for retirees i can understand better. I was offered a job as a seasonal snow plow driver after I retire so maybe do that and get on the city health plan.

kumet

i have been retired for 5 years. forced because my body was worn out. Hard to adjust at first because I was so use to being so efficient every minute when I was working. Now i know everything doesnt have to get done right away. The first thing i noticed when I retired was the sky. 30 years at ups I was always looking down.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
after reading the thread on health care costs for retirees i can understand better. I was offered a job as a seasonal snow plow driver after I retire so maybe do that and get on the city health plan.
I think getting a part time job with health benefits is an option that a lot of people are going to be looking at.