What are the Duties of an Air Ramp Handler?

GregK

Hey BC friends,

I worked on the air ramp this past season and while they did call me back for a hub job, they later told me that I could not work in the same place and same shift as my brother, which seems stupid. I'm still waiting to hear about being a PT supe.

Anyway, I figure it's time to start applying for other jobs, so as I'm adding UPS to my resume, I can't figure out what to put for my duties as a ramp handler. Usually, I just go to where the job is listed and the listing usually has a good number of bulleted responsibilities that I can put in my resume. Apparently UPS doesn't have that on their website. Can anybody help me out with this? What can I put on my resume for this job?

Thanks!
Greg

Returntosender

What ever you did during this past peak season. You will continue to do. Just don't bang the plane, and cause the plan to tail tip.

GregK

What ever you did during this past peak season. You will continue to do. Just don't bang the plane, and cause the plan to tail tip.
No I'm not working there anymore. I'm asking what to put on my resume. I know what I did there but I'm not good at writing it in a way that sounds good. Like if I put "loaded planes with packages" that doesn't sound very good. It's not that bad but I could use some help.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Returntosender

You really can't make it sound any better. All ramp handlers do is unload and load the plane. If you got the airport access ID? Passenger airlines find that appealing they don't have to worry about you not passing background check.

GregK

You really can't make it sound any better. All ramp handlers do is unload and load the plane. If you got the airport access ID? Passenger airlines find that appealing they don't have to worry about you not passing background check.
Yes I was on the ramp. I loaded and unloaded the planes, I marshalled planes out, I drove tugs around, etc.
I'm 19 and in school so I'm not looking for a career right now like at a passenger airline.