What are the Odds?

BrownSuit

The second winner of the recent Powerball Jackpot has come forward. He is being described as a "Delivery Driver" by multiple news sources, but no specific employer. What are the odds that he works for UPS? The only thing making me question the potential is the reference to returning from vacation.

Here's what he told his unnamed employer: "I’m really sorry, boss. I hit the jackpot. I don’t think I’m going to come in today, tomorrow or ever."

What do you think? What would you say if it was you?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The second winner of the recent Powerball Jackpot has come forward. He is being described as a "Delivery Driver" by multiple news sources, but no specific employer. What are the odds that he works for UPS? The only thing making me question the potential is the reference to returning from vacation.

Here's what he told his unnamed employer: "I’m really sorry, boss. I hit the jackpot. I don’t think I’m going to come in today, tomorrow or ever."

I'm not sure I would bother to call.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My lottery fantasy was to win right at the peak of peak, go in and look at my load and just say, "No, I don't think so."

Cementups

Box Monkey
I always say I will still work if I won (need the benefits). It would just give me more freedom to pick and choose when I work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would work for at least a few years after I won and claim it anonymously if possible.

This job wouldn't be bad if I didn't need it and could say friend you you figure it out on those really bad days.

I wouldn't even call.

Ouch

I always said I would drive the truck down the interstate as far as I could go, till it ran out of gas then wait till 10:31 and call and tell them I need help with air. My wife would pick me up on the interstae and to the beach we go.

Brownslave688

I always said I would drive the truck down the interstate as far as I could go, till it ran out of gas then wait till 10:31 and call and tell them I need help with air. My wife would pick me up on the interstae and to the beach we go.
What's your start time 5 am? Ain't no way I'm running out of gas before 10:30.

phox1515

Well IF I was a driver... I'd probably keep the job BUT i'd find a way to not have to work during peak times or any other time I didn't want to. you know what they say, he who has the green controls the scene... I'm sure I could bribe mgmt to get someone else to do it during those times only...

Ouch

I meant package car not feeder. I figured if I drove straight down the interstate wide open from 8 a.m it probably wouldn't take long considering we would fuel our on package cars 90% of the time.

Brownslave688

I meant package car not feeder. I figured if I drove straight down the interstate wide open from 8 a.m it probably wouldn't take long considering we would fuel our on package cars 90% of the time.
Gotcha we never fuel our cars and I have never started at 8.

P

pickup

Where is upstate when you need him:devil3:

I can give you Upstate's answer or one like the one he would give. Ready?

Upstate: If I won the lottery, I would give my employer(UPS) two weeks notice so that the company can be well prepared to replace me. During that two week period, if the company were to ask for drivers to go home due to cut routes, I would do so in order for a younger cover driver to get a day's pay in.

Once i collect my winnings, I would buy a house but I would give it to my daughter and what's his name. I would then live in a portion of said house but would pay them rent.

I would not change my phone number in the event that they are some packages at my Ups hub(center) left over at the end of the day that need delivering. If the center manager calls, I would run them off in my car at the end of the day. It is true that I would not be paid for this task as I am no longer an employee but it is also true that I don't get paid when I do this sort of thing now as an employee but after I punch out. So there's really no difference to consider.

Me: Oh well, that's all I got, no a lot of bullets in the gun these days.

Ouch

I can give you Upstate's answer or one like the one he would give. Ready?

Upstate: If I won the lottery, I would give my employer(UPS) two weeks notice so that the company can be well prepared to replace me. During that two week period, if the company were to ask for drivers to go home due to cut routes, I would do so in order for a younger cover driver to get a day's pay in.

Once i collect my winnings, I would buy a house but I would give it to my daughter and what's his name. I would then live in a portion of said house but would pay them rent.

I would not change my phone number in the event that they are some packages at my Ups hub(center) left over at the end of the day that need delivering. If the center manager calls, I would run them off in my car at the end of the day. It is true that I would not be paid for this task as I am no longer an employee but it is also true that I don't get paid when I do this sort of thing now as an employee but after I punch out. So there's really no difference to consider.

Me: Oh well, that's all I got, no a lot of bullets in the gun these days.
And the oscar goes to.................pickup!!!!!!!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
My boss would be wondering where I was until someone wouldtell him I was in the parking lot dancing around a pile of burning uniform parts naked.