What are the pros/cons of joining the union?

I do not understand this mentality. Do you know why ups drivers make such good money, have such great benfits, retirement and vacation. Its because of the teamsters. And without paying union dues the teamsters will disappear. And so will your pay benefits vacation retirement and everything else that makes this a great job and career.
Nobody cares anymore

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I disagree and agree. If you choose not to join the union then you should choose a different job. Working a union job is more then just having a steward in the office with you. Your also getting the high pay vacation and benefits all negotiated by the union your choosing not to pay. The people who choose not to pay their dues should also have to negotiate their own pay benefits and vacation.
I'm simply
Thinking of a better way to write the current laws.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think its more of that people are very uneducated about unions.
Actually I think it's just jealousy. Ppl see what unions have and are jealous. They don't have the balls to start a union it stand up to get what they want so they say if I can't have it no one can.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Us old-timers can only do so much
Just gotta keep up the good fight and educate people. There are some people who just don't get it. Like the people who bitch about "what has the union ever done for me?!?!" As they hop in their new escalade and are leaving on a 4 week vacation to their vacation house

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm surprised the union in these RTW states don't modify to draw more membership? If one doesn't see benefit, why join?